FORUMS: list search recent posts

9.6.1 Driver for Multibridge Extreme and CS6

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gene Colburn
9.6.1 Driver for Multibridge Extreme and CS6
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:30:13 pm

Is there no longer support for Multibridge Extreme? Decklink support no longer shows a driver for this product.

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: 9.6.1 Driver for Multibridge Extreme and CS6
on Aug 21, 2012 at 12:51:42 am

Hi Gene,

It looks like the 'Include legacy' checkbox isn't working for the Multibridge line on the support pages. I'll report this. You can download the current 9.6.1 driver from the Multibridge Pro support page.

Whilst I don't think it has been tested, I would still expect the Multibridge Extreme to work OK with newer drivers, assuming the system meets the driver requirements. However if you do run into problems I would suggest making a note of the driver version you have currently installed, and if need be you can re-download this version from the 'archived drivers' link which is next to the current driver download.

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
on Aug 22, 2012 at 1:10:13 pm

Thanks Chris, I will try the MB Pro drivers and watch to see if the Legacy drivers become available.

Return to posts index

Shawn Hyper
on Aug 24, 2012 at 2:22:59 pm

Hi, is the driver OK?

After moving to a new Mac w/ OS 10.x, we have just installed the latest driver for our MB Extreme, and it's asked to update firmware and software, but if click "OK", then both failed, saying error encountered. Then uninstall the latest driver, and install a legacy driver, this time it's asked to update firmware, and failed again.

The USB port of MB Extreme is connected to Mac which has access to internet.

Does the update occur locally or will it download file from Black Magic's server through the net?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
on Aug 26, 2012 at 12:14:34 am

I don't know Shawn I am hesitant to install a driver for MB Pro onto MB Extreme because of firmware issues. I am hoping BM will post MB Extreme in Legacy support. Our MB is on PC but expect we would see same firmware update failure as well.

Return to posts index

Shawn Hyper
on Aug 26, 2012 at 9:29:00 am

FYI, we have tried quit a few versions of the driver.

And finally version 7.3.1 updates the firmware successfully. And that's on Windows system, since we have tried MB extreme on Win system. Then uninstall 7.3.1, install 9.6.1, no error occurs.

And we moved MB Extreme to MAC system, installed driver 7.3.1, no error either.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]