FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM 1 M/E doesn't laptop as HDMI source

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Drabick
ATEM 1 M/E doesn't laptop as HDMI source
on Aug 17, 2012 at 9:19:16 pm

I setup an ATEM 1 M/E as a demo system in my shop. I am using the very same laptop that normally connects to my ATEM Television Studio. My Television Studio sees the output of my laptop as an HDMI source. When I connect the same laptop to any of the four HDMI inputs on the 1 M/E the laptop isn't seen.

I have connected the HDMI output from my TriCaster 855 into the 1 M/E and the 1 M/E sees the HDMI output from my TriCaster 855.

I connected a second computer with an HDMI output and my ATEM 1 M/E didn't see the computer as an HDMI input.

Do I have a 1 M/E with flaky HDMI inputs or is this something else.

I am running the ATEM 3.2 software on the host PC . . . .

Remember, my Television Studio sees the HDMI output of my laptop using the same host computer driving the 1 M/E.

Matt Drabick, DigiTek Systems

Return to posts index

Eric Harrison
Re: ATEM 1 M/E doesn't laptop as HDMI source
on Aug 19, 2012 at 12:24:49 am

Same thing happened to me. What worked for me was to install the 3.1.2 drivers.

If you have a mac, go to here

If you have a PC, go to here

I did talk to BMD support on the phone and explained that 3.2 didn't work. I would do the same if I was you just so they know that other people are having the same issue.

Return to posts index

Nathan Wright
on Aug 19, 2012 at 9:00:35 pm

We are having the same issue on 3.2 with the hdmi on multiple units

Return to posts index

Eric Harrison
on Aug 20, 2012 at 5:54:29 pm

Just talked with BMD and they said that they have had several calls about this issues. What they said is that the switcher is looking for a 59.94fps signal but if the signal is 60 then that's fine too. Computers use a normal rate of 60Hz for monitors. 60Hz = 60fps. But with this new update that tolerance is tighter to where the 60Hz not's match. They are working on trying to fix it.

Return to posts index

Liam Kennedy
on Aug 21, 2012 at 7:13:56 am

That is welcome news to hear BM recognizes the issues (I've reported the issues... but not received a reply).

This is a BIG issue for many of us I think. The 3.2 Firmware has effectively broken all of the scalers/converters I use to bring various devices in to my ATEM 1ME. No longer functioning are my Altona VGA to HDMI, Gefen Toolbox HDMI Scaler, Apple TV (3rd Gen).

I also have a TVS... and the 3.2 firmware did not break the HDMI compatibility.

I do hope they fix this soon.

Return to posts index

Eric Harrison
on Aug 22, 2012 at 5:38:20 am

Got an email from BMD saying that they now have their own Forum. Here's the link

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]