FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Extreme on Macbook Pro Samsung Camera: Nothing.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fraser Boyes
Intensity Extreme on Macbook Pro Samsung Camera: Nothing.
on Aug 14, 2012 at 3:59:37 pm

Hi,

I have just bought the Intensity extreme, downloaded and installed the Desktop Video 9.6.2 for Mac.

I have OSX 10.7.4

I have connected a Samsung WB85OF camera to the Extreme's input via HDMI.

The Extreme is connected to the Macbook Pro via Thunderbolt.

Open up Media express and I get nothing - no devices detected. On the Blackmagic system Preferences it says No Settings requires when I try to change it to HDMI input. Basically it won't let me change the settings.

Can anyone help?

Do I need to download and install hardware drivers or does the Desktop Video 9.6.2 for Mac do that automatically?

Should it work with any HDMI out from a camera that can do films (even though it's not a camcorder).

Help much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Intensity Extreme on Macbook Pro Samsung Camera: Nothing.
on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:42:12 am

Hi Fraser,

Desktop Video will install both hardware drivers as well as the software. You shouldn't need to install anything else.

If you are getting the 'no settings required' message, and Media Express does not list any devices, it tells us that the system or driver is not seeing the Intensity Extreme. This could be a problem with the device itself, the cable or the port it is connected to.

I would suggest you contact your regional support office where they can further troubleshoot the issue just to get a better idea of the situation. And if it looks like the problem might be the Intensity Extreme itself they can arrange to get that sorted out.

You can find the support numbers for each region here, or you can use the support request form from the product's support page here.

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]