FORUMS: list search recent posts

H.264 Pro Recorder - no picture with HDMI input, USB 2.0 out

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Santonato
H.264 Pro Recorder - no picture with HDMI input, USB 2.0 out
on Aug 11, 2012 at 9:58:23 pm

Recently I bought the H.264 Pro Recorder which I'll need to have up and running for a big job in a week - but I can't get it to work - not registering any picture

I'm using HDMI out from my HD camera to the input on the device, using USB 2.0 out going in to my 2012 MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM. I actually need it to run off my older MacBook Pro (for the purposes of a job I'm doing - need the newer mac to run a different encoder) and I'm not seeing any picture register there either (the older mac is a 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB RAM.

Any advice, help support would be much appreciated. Thought Blackmagic had Saturday support but there is none. Used the Blackmagic Media Express to test though the actual work will be done via Livestream Procaster. Neither recognizes an image even though the Pro Recorder is listed in both programs.

Please help?!

Producing video online since 1999.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Mathieu
Re: H.264 Pro Recorder - no picture with HDMI input, USB 2.0 out
on Oct 18, 2012 at 7:25:22 pm

Hi Lisa,

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution ?

Return to posts index

Lisa Santonato
on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:02:33 pm

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, I did find a solution. I took it back! It was still under warranty as I had just purchased the device. They issued a replacement for me on a rush delivery as I was under the gun in prep for an event. Excellent service and support. The replacement device worked perfectly.

Hope that helps.

Lisa

Producing video online since 1999.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Mathieu
on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:14:55 pm

Tanks for your quick reply. From my side after other research i think it's just a problem from protected HDMI signal (tested with a DVD player.) I will test with a other HDMI devise tomorrow.

Component & composite works great... i hope it's not a device problem. I am also under the gun, 10 days left ! :s

Many tanks,

Return to posts index

Mark Goodley
on Jul 12, 2013 at 9:02:44 pm

Greetings;

Were you able to get USB camera signal/live to your monitor from a HDMI input...? Thank You? Is other (emulation) software required?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]