FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hardware encoder for live streaming?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Tesh
Hardware encoder for live streaming?
on Aug 10, 2012 at 3:51:46 pm

I was looking at the Blackmagic H.264 Pro Recorder or the Decklink Studio. I'm trying to figure out live web streaming for the first time.

What I'm unsure about is whether I need one of these devcies to first encode to H.264 and then bring it into the computer or whether Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder does the on-the-fly encoding itself. If the Adobe software does the encoding itself, what are these two devices used for, just getting the footage for the camera to the computer? Do I need a hardware encoder?

Return to posts index

Janusz Bialy
Re: Hardware encoder for live streaming?
on Aug 10, 2012 at 6:37:37 pm

I've used the h264 recorder from blackmagic. It won't help you with live streaming as it only allows you to capture directly to file (h264 mov on a Mac) using the blackmagic Media Express software. If you're looking to push out an h264 stream using rtmp then Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder is what you need. In that case you can use any of the Decklink capture cards. We use FMLE to live stream, but other people on here might suggest other software such as Wirecast, etc.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 10, 2012 at 7:12:06 pm

any Decklink card with the free Procaster software from Livestream works great. Lots of major companies use Procaster.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Maciej Pawlowski
on Aug 11, 2012 at 9:14:20 am

See it: http://mxlight.co.uk/

The new version allows RTMP stream

Best Regards
Maciej vib Pawlowski

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]