FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro - Desktop VIdeo 9.6.1 does not work with Avid Media Composer

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Adamson
Intensity Pro - Desktop VIdeo 9.6.1 does not work with Avid Media Composer
on Aug 1, 2012 at 7:52:51 pm

True - The release notes say the latest version of Desktop Video is focussed on Adobe Premier Pro - but I wasnt aware that this meant it would not work on Media Composer!

Anyway after uninstalling the previous BM Desktop Video version and installing the 9.6.1 update - the Intensity Pro is not recognised in Media Composer and MC starts as though it is in software only mode - an uninstall of 9.6 and reverting back to the 9.5.3 drivers brings the Intensity Pro back into action.

Perhaps this is specific to me - but if not a word of warning;
Black magic desktop video 9.6 is not for Media Composer users - although this shouldnt be a worry as it does not look like BM made any MC related changes in this release anyway.

Anyone else able to replicate this?

Regards
Neil

Neil
Effective Video
http://www.effectivevideo.co.za

Return to posts index

Sarah Jones
Re: Intensity Pro - Desktop VIdeo 9.6.1 does not work with Avid Media Composer
on Aug 2, 2012 at 12:41:08 am

Hi Neil,

You are correct that we did not make any changes to the Desktop Video 9.6.1 driver in regards to Media Composer. This update added some Adobe Premiere CS6 improvements.

I set up a test scenario today using our Intensity Pro card and the Desktop Video 9.6.1 driver. I was able to output from Media Composer to an HDMI monitor using the card.

In case there is an issue with earlier Media Composer versions and our latest driver, can you let me know what version of Media Composer is currently on your system? When I set up the test, my machine was at 6.0.1, which I was able to use with the Intensity Pro. I then updated Media Composer with the 6.0.1.1 patch, and I was still able to output through the Intensity Pro using the Desktop Video 9.6.1 driver.

When you update to 9.6.1, does your Intensity Pro still recognize on your system? And in that vein, can you capture and playback in Media Express when that version of the driver is installed?

Are there any other changes you make to your system when updating to 9.6.1, or is our driver the only change you are making? I want to cover all bases and make sure something else isn't at play here.

Regards,

Sarah
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design Inc

Return to posts index

Kaspar Ko
on Aug 2, 2012 at 3:10:58 am

Hello Neil,

Just an update to this issue. We were able to reproduce this issue and have already logged it as a bug. Hopefully we'll have an update to this soon.

Regards,

Kaspar
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

Return to posts index

Neil Adamson
on Aug 2, 2012 at 2:06:21 pm

Hello
Thank you for the update - much appreciated - just for completeness I am running MC 6.0.1.1
I also raised thiis in the Avid forums and it was confirmed by one other user who was also not able to run the latest desktop video with MC
I will await an update to the driver - at the moment the previous version is working fine for me and I probably don't need the 9.6.1 update anyway

Thanks for your assistance
Neil

Neil
Effective Video

Return to posts index

Sarah Jones
on Aug 3, 2012 at 12:44:11 am

Hi Neil,

I wanted to add in another update for you today. We believe we've pinpointed what is causing the issue for output in Avid. It appears that in a few rare cases, there is a file that does not get added into the AVX2_Plug-ins folder in the Avid files with the 9.6.1 driver. Our QA team is investigating what causes this and is working toward a fix. For the time being, we're recommending sticking with the 9.5.3 drivers for users who are experiencing the issue until we get a fix rolled out. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention, and we'll do our best to fix this as soon as possible.

Regards,

Sarah
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design Inc

Return to posts index

Alexander Rivera
on Aug 4, 2012 at 7:41:33 am

I just installed a DeckLink HD 3D+ on one of our Windows 7 Systems and experienced the same problem. The card worked with Nuke, After Effects, Resolve and Premiere but not Avid Media Composer. After going through the forums and looking at this thread. I found this temporary solution.

I installed the 9.6.1 drivers. Then I downloaded the 9.5.3 drivers from the Black Magic Website (http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/)

Then I extracted the files from the DesktopVideo_9.5.3.msi file using this comand:
msiexec /a PathToMSIFile /qb TARGETDIR=DirectoryToExtractTo

Once extracted, I went into the "\Blackmagic Desktop Video\Avid Support" folder from the extracted directory and manually copied the "OpenIO_Blackmagic.acf" file into my Avid's "AVX2_Plug-Ins" folder. So far it works fine but haven't had a chance to test it a lot.

I extracted files from the 9.6.1 drivers and the avid plugin was not included in the release, whether this was an oversight, I don't know. But try it and see if that works for you.

-Alexander

Return to posts index

Kaspar Ko
on Aug 10, 2012 at 3:09:09 am

Hello Neil and anyone else following this thread,

We've re-released the 9.6.1 drivers which should contain the fix for the Media Composer issue we were seeing. If you have the older version of the driver dated prior to the Aug 7th, please delete that and download the version that is dated August 7th from the support section of the website. Again apologies for the inconvenience and please let us know if this does not fix this particular issue for you. Thanks!

Regards,

Kaspar
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

Return to posts index

Neil Adamson
on Aug 15, 2012 at 11:56:04 am

Hello
As per the mail above - the latest relaease of the drivers seems to have resolved this issue
Thanks for the quick response and the fix.
Regards
Neil

Neil
Effective Video

Return to posts index

Richard Lapthorn
on Aug 23, 2012 at 11:36:17 am

Hi guys,

I can confirm you did fix the issue of Avid not detecting the Blackmagic card in your 9.6.1 update

However, the major audio scrub issue you fixed in 9.5.3 is once again back!

Is there any way this can be easily resolved? Unfortunately this is a total deal breaker for anyone that needs audio! lol

All Avid users I know have gone back to 9.5.3 for the time being

Return to posts index

Sarah Jones
on Aug 24, 2012 at 12:41:36 am

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the note. We're looking into this currently.

Regards,

Sarah
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design Inc

Return to posts index

Richard Lapthorn
on Sep 16, 2012 at 7:47:30 pm

Hi Sarah,

very disappointed to report that despite several updated versions since the problem returned you still haven't managed to put the scrub fix back in for Avid users.

9.64 is the latest version, but Avid users can't use anything past 9.53

This problem was fixed and then returned after a minor update and has stayed broken since

It renders the Avid unusable as we cannot do an audio scrub without a roughly 2 second delay before picture and audio cut back in

Can someone report whether this may be fixed soon as it has now been a while!

Return to posts index

Richard Lapthorn
on Sep 17, 2012 at 2:16:42 pm

Just wondering, is there a better place to be reporting these issues than the Creative Cow forums?

Return to posts index

Richard Lapthorn
on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:59:19 pm

Not sure if anyone at Blackmagic is checking this thread, but this problem is still not fixed in 9.6.6, in fact it is worse! It now causes a complete freeze up of Media Composer 6.5 once caps lock has been put on and any attempt at scrubbing is undertaken. As usual reverting to 9.5.3 fixes this.

Amazingly the readme for the software, under what's new, claims 'Avid Media Composer 6.5 releasing hardware support' Clearly not very good hardware support!

I have tried asking about this on the Blackmagic forums, but have had no response.

Can we at least get a confirmation that this is a recognised problem?

I am using the Decklink SDI unders Windows 7 pro, if that makes any difference at all

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]