FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble disembedding SDI audio embedded by BMD Analog to SDI MC and Broadcast Converter???

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damon Haimoff
Trouble disembedding SDI audio embedded by BMD Analog to SDI MC and Broadcast Converter???
on Aug 1, 2012 at 5:45:14 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with BMD Analog to SDI Mini Converter and Broadcast Converter embedded audio?

We have BMD Analog to SDI converters deployed at 50 or so remote camera locations. These Cameras are used by various networks around the world and all have different decoding and disembedding hardware on the receiving end. Some decoders such as Harris flat out won't dissembed the audio coming from any BMD Embedder. Other decoders like Tandberg, Sony and Panasonic seem to be more hit and miss. Ironically, the problem is not location or disembedder specific. FYI, all units have been updated using Blackmagic Converters 1.9.1 (for Macintosh).

Sample scenario,
"Network A" can disembed Remote 1, 2, but not 3.
"Network B" can disembed Remote 1, 3, but not 2.
"Network D" can disembed Remote 1, 2, and 3 in SD but not 720p or 1080i.
"Network E" can disembed the output of a BMD Broadcast Converter but not a Mini Converter.
"Network F" can disembed the output of a freshly rebooted BMD Broadcast Converter in 720p
etc...

When any Analog to SDI mini converter is connected directly to a Panasonic BT-LH1700WP w/ internal disembedder, SD audio is fine but 720p and 1080i audio is indistinguishable and broken up. The Broadcast Converter works fin in this configuration however.

I want to like BMD and in all fairness, they been very good about replacing units, but the problem still persist with no improvement. I know that our application is a bit unique in that we are having to support various disembedders, but a standard should be a standard?

Last bit of info. We have been selectively replacing the BMD Analog to SDI units with AJA HD10AVAs that work as expected.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Damon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]