FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM Television Studio (Laptop Display)

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Wang
ATEM Television Studio (Laptop Display)
on Aug 1, 2012 at 5:54:03 am

I'm currently setting up a video system for my church and we're using the ATEM Television Studio hooked up to two Canon cameras (via SDI) and I'm looking for a way that I can display the output from the ATEM to our video wall (3x3 Samsung Video Wall Displays) running at 1080P via one HDMI input.

The upper third of the screens are used to display lyrics with ProPresenter and currently the video wall is hooked up to our computer running propresenter via HDMI (outputting at 1920x1080) onto the screens.

ProPresenter supports the BlackMagic DeckLink cards and they suggested it so I can send the video feed into the computer and then overlay the lyrics on top with the built in software function (from propresenter). The problem I'm running into right now is that I need a laptop hookup to the video wall (so we can occasionally switch from a Video/Lyric overlay to just a laptop hookup running powerpoint smoothly with little interruption. Would there be an easy way to do this?

The laptops are usually macbook pros linkrd (via minidisplayport) so we can output at 1920x1080, but sometimes we end up with window system that has HDMI or Displayport (no VGA though) so we need something flexible. Right now we're using a gefen dual link dvi switcher for the screen, but it's not that reliable, and sometimes it drops the signal during service putting all the screens into standby mode.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]