FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony CX105e only shows up black, and what recording program is best for batch recoding from multiple cameras.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rune Antonsen
Sony CX105e only shows up black, and what recording program is best for batch recoding from multiple cameras.
on Jul 30, 2012 at 10:58:43 am

Hi!
I'm new to BlackMagic products and I'm having some troubles with getting a Sony CX105e camera to work.

The setup we have is 3 cameras, all have HDMI output.
We have the HDMI connected to BlackMagic MiniConverter HDMI-to-SDI.
Then we have SDI connected to a DeckLink Quad card in a MacPro (fully upgraded hardware)

When we started we used GoPro HD Hero2 as cameras, but they stoped working because we had to have the power cable connected at all times since we record for about 12 hours daily.
So we decided to try some other cameras, so we've got a Sony CX105e camera. But when i connect it it only shows up with a black screen. When i connect the camera straight to a TV it works perfectly. So there has to be some kinda compatible issue?

My other question is what recording software is best for controlling multiple cameras and encoding it so about 30 mins of recoding will be 4gb or less.
The reason it has to be 4gb or less is because we copy that 30 min onto a USB stick that we give to our customers. (Since FAT32 is used on USB sticks and it doesn't allow file sizes greater then 4GB)
We've tried Softron Media Services - MovieRecorder but it the codecs that is support only generates very large files.
Preferably we would like to record in 720p but that all depends if the Mac is powerful enough to encode 3 streams on the fly.
(Note: we only use the video, not the sound)

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards
Rune Antonsen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]