FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Design decklink SDI ingest of HD intermittent

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Satterthwaite
Blackmagic Design decklink SDI ingest of HD intermittent
on Jul 27, 2012 at 5:36:41 pm

I cannot get my new Panasonic AG160 camera outputting HD through the sdi output to cleanly ingest to a decklink SDI on a Mac pro, even running Blackmagic's own Media Express.

The video image displayed in Media Express blinks on and off erratically (generally off, occasionally showing a single frame). The single frame doesn't change, it is static, even though the video image being sent is advancing (as a playback or live).

I am hoping to use 720p30 format, and I match this spec (actually 29.97) on the camera, input card and the Media Express preferences. The blinking also happens when I try other HD formats, but the image becomes steady when I down convert the incoming HD signal using that feature on the decklink card to SD, or when I down convert in the camera itself.

When I go into the Blackmagic card preferences, the HD image I see in the Media Express viewer suddenly stops blinking even though I haven't changed anything in the preferences. But as soon as I come out of the preferences, the blinking returns. There seems to be no combination of options or formats that make the image coming in to the computer to be stable. I think the video signal coming in is actually 720p30 over 60i but I can't seem to select a combo of preferences that makes this stabilize even choosing some odd combinations of prefs that might seem to account for the 60i.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!!

Rick Satterthwaite
Plover, Wisconsin USA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]