FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finally - a cheap USB 3.0 card that works with the Intensity Shuttle on my Asus P9X79 system!!!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Colin Chung
Finally - a cheap USB 3.0 card that works with the Intensity Shuttle on my Asus P9X79 system!!!
on Jul 26, 2012 at 4:16:18 am

I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R system that worked fine with the Shuttle.

Later I bought a P9X79 and assumed it work with it, someone here said it worked for him... but it didn't for me, well not quite, the pass through worked OK with the ASMedia USB 3.0 ports but nothing but a black screen when you previewed the capture in media Express, VirtualDb or AmaRecTV

I tried an Asus U3S6, and that can't even see the Shuttle!

Later someone on a forum suggested I try this cheap, generic, made in Asia USB 3.0 card on Ebay -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250875338696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3...

He didn't know if it worked for sure, but it was so cheap I figured I'd try it anyway.

And guess what it works fine in all my apps!!!
For $12 (including postage) it's a bargain, and it's a tiny single lane PCI-E card. Just takes a while to get here.

It uses an NEC uPD720200 chip. It has a small 4 pin connector for extra power, but I didn't bother with that
It comes with the 2nd most recent driver and firmware on a small CD, which is what I used to confirm if it worked, but the latest drivers can be found here
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm

Finally a solution for X79 and Socket 2011 motherboards! :)
Hope that helps.

BTW The current Socket 2011 MSI motherboards do have NEC chipsets for the USB 3.0 ports

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
Re: Finally - a cheap USB 3.0 card that works with the Intensity Shuttle on my Asus P9X79 system!!!
on Jul 26, 2012 at 11:41:56 am

Hello Colin,
I'm happy that you solved your problems, but I confirm that the Intensity Shuttle works on the integrated ports of my Asus P9X79.
Best Regards,

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Colin Chung
Re: Finally - a cheap USB 3.0 card that works with the Intensity Shuttle on my Asus P9X79 system!!!
on Jul 26, 2012 at 11:49:24 am

Yes I remeber reading that you said so in another thread.

I've tried all kinds of driver versions and motherboard firmware, and still it doesn't work with ASMedia ports.
Strange indeed.

The pass through works, so it's probably just a small thing that is keeping it from working on my system. Maybe a single bios setting?

Oh well, at least I have this card that I know will always work with the Shuttle, so when I change motherboards again, when the next batch of Intel 8 core desktop chips hit, I'll be good to go ;)

Return to posts index

Jeff Bieber
on Aug 22, 2012 at 12:42:04 am

I have been trying for a week to get the Shuttle USB to work on my P9X76WS with a 3930 processor. I first tried it with the built in USB 3.0 controller. It would show up and work from about 5-25 seconds and then the screen froze. Recently, I installed a USB 3.0 controller (sonnet tech from B&H) with the updated renesas driver and firmware. Now the shuttle doesn't show up at all. Did you have any of these issues. Any help would be great.

Return to posts index

Colin Chung
on Aug 22, 2012 at 1:34:01 am

Like I said, for my system, the Shuttle doesn't work with the Asus Asmedia USB 3.0 ports, only the pass through works.

The USB 3.0 card I installed worked perfectly out of the gate and still does, exactly like it did with my old X58 system

Can't hurt to try the card I got, it's cheap enough... just takes a while for the cheap shipping used

Return to posts index

Jimcc Artbov
on May 2, 2013 at 1:32:18 am

[Paolo Castellano] "integrated ports of my Asus P9X79."

Hi,

I'm addressing this Shuttle Versus P9X79 issue at the moment.

By "integrated ports of my Asus P9X79" you mean the standard USB 3.0 ports that come with the P9X79 unit for a PC??

[Paolo Castellano] "Intensity Shuttle works"

And re "Intensity Shuttle works" is that your experience across all/most the possible Shuttle functions??

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
on May 2, 2013 at 4:20:11 pm

Hello Jim,
yes I mean the USB 3.0 ports of the P9X79 back panel, and for "it works" I mean that I can capture from any of its inputs and get smooth video from HMDI/YUV/YC/CV outputs.
The applications I mostly use are ivsCapturePro (for the inputs) and ivsEdits for the outputs, but since they use the BMD Direct Show filters, all applications using them should work in the same way.

Best Regards,

Paolo

[Jimcc Artbov] "Hi,

I'm addressing this Shuttle Versus P9X79 issue at the moment.

By "integrated ports of my Asus P9X79" you mean the standard USB 3.0 ports that come with the P9X79 unit for a PC??

[Paolo Castellano] "Intensity Shuttle works"

And re "Intensity Shuttle works" is that your experience across all/most the possible Shuttle functions??"

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]