FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity pro + Ivy Bridge?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moshe Zafrany
Intensity pro + Ivy Bridge?
on Jul 25, 2012 at 10:56:13 am

Does anyone has an intensity pro (PCIe*1) installed on a motherboard and I7 ivy bridge CPU?

I installed the card on an Intel DH77KC motherboard and the only time it works is when I place the card in the x16 slot and use the on-board display outputs. I would like to use the x16 for nvidia card and place the intensity pro card in a x1 slot.

If anyone has this card working on another ivy bridge compatible motherboard with an nvidia card, please let me know the motherboard type (I can replace my motherboard) or let me know if you have a solution for using the card in my current motherboard in one of the x1 slots.

Thanks,

Moshe

Return to posts index

Bo Higbee
Re: Intensity pro + Ivy Bridge?
on Jul 25, 2012 at 3:21:31 pm

I work on a lot of pc's, have built a few video editors (15+), but don't have an I7 ... but do have a Decklink SDI card in a 1x slot in my editor with an NVidia GTX560 - works fine ... *(except w/ 9.5.3 driver)

I can tell you it sounds like you need to go into your mobo BIOS setup and put the X16 slot in "auto detect" and install the NVidia card first. Get the PC working first and re-booting with this config first ... and then, install the x1 slot device.

You might have to load the "default" BIOS settings too ... to get you going.

Other than that, there might be newer BIOS available for your mobo... check manufacturers website.

NOTE: If you put the mobo BIOS X16 slot in non auto mode "using the X16 slot setting only" and can't get things to work right, you may have to remove the mobo watch battery (size of a quarter) that holds the settings for a minute (with the power OFF) and put it back in to go back to factory BIOS default setting of BIOS ... so you can start over.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Bo Higbee
Re: Intensity pro + Ivy Bridge?
on Jul 25, 2012 at 6:46:29 pm

Remember to go into the Control Panel and set Blackmagic Design in & out settings there..... I assume that device uses such a panel for setup.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]