FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Extreme 2-3 frames delay with FCPX

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Grainger
Intensity Extreme 2-3 frames delay with FCPX
on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:18:30 am

Hi,

I have just purchased an Intensity Extreme to use with FCPX - so far, I love it!

One thing I noticed is that the playback on the HDMI output is 2-3 frames delayed compared to the playback on the viewer window. This behavior seems to be consistent.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Ideally FCPX would add a latency feature to delay the viewer by a few frames like FCP7 has.

Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone else have perfect sync?

I am using an LG TV as a monitor.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity Extreme 2-3 frames delay with FCPX
on Jul 25, 2012 at 7:16:09 pm

Well, typically the output of the card will be delayed behind the program monitor a few frames. And Consumer TVs could also make this appear worse as they often process the input.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Alex Grainger
Re: Intensity Extreme 2-3 frames delay with FCPX
on Aug 16, 2012 at 9:33:28 am

I think I may have resolved the delay issue, by setting the picture mode on the LG TV to "Game" mode, which I understand reduces the amount of pre-processing. I think it may be 1 frame out now, but at least it is an improvement.

I have noticed now however that on the TV, shots with a lot of horizontal movement are showing very jerky. Does the Intensity Extreme support interlacing properly with FCPX? All my projects are in 1080 50i and the settings on the BMD are the same, but still the picture does not show the quality I would expect. I have tried changing the FCPX setting from "High Quality" to "Better Performance" which seems to help slightly, but I would expect the "High Quality" setting to work just fine. I am using a G-raid Thunderbolt 8TB drive, which support around 300MB/S so the hard drive should be able to support playback.

Some of the shots I am referring to have stabilization applied in FCPX - does that feature support interlacing properly, as this could be the culprit?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]