FORUMS: list search recent posts

DeckLink Studio + Ivy Bridge issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sladjan Milovanovic
DeckLink Studio + Ivy Bridge issue
on Jul 23, 2012 at 4:54:34 pm

Does anyone have issues with DeckLink Studio card and Ivy Bridge processors?

I have recently purchased new computer with i7-3770k 3.5 Ghz Ivy Bridge processor, ASUS P8H67 motherboard, nVidia GTS 450 gpu and 2x4 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 RAM (other components are not important to mention them) and I have installed Win7 x64 Pro OS.

My problem is that I don't have any Video/Audio In or Out from any of my DeckLink Studio cards. I have to mention that they work on all other computers like a charm, with no problems. Other computers are based on AMD Phenom II x4 and x6, Intel Core2Quad,Intel i5 and i7 (Sandy Bridge) processors with Win7 x64 Pro OS installed.

I have tried with all drivers from 9 series (from oldest to the newest), but it still won't work. I use EDIUS v5, v5.5 and v6.05, Adobe Premiere CS5, CS5.5 and CS6, Cinegy Desktop and Cinegy Air. All softwares can see card but still nothing happens.

I believe that the problem is in incompatibility between CPU and Ivy Bridge Processor. Do you have any other idea what can be problem and how to sole it?

Return to posts index

Andrew Strachan
Re: DeckLink Studio + Ivy Bridge issue
on Aug 13, 2012 at 10:11:18 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased a Dell Vostro 470, which has an Intel H77 Chipset with a i7-3770, Windows 7 64 bit and am having the same problem. I have tried a Studio 2 and a Decklink SDI and can't get either to work. I only tried the 9.6.1 driver.

Did you find a solution?

Return to posts index

Sladjan Milovanovic
Re: DeckLink Studio + Ivy Bridge issue
on Aug 14, 2012 at 10:03:36 pm

Sadly no, I didn't found anything to solve the problem. I have found that on some motherboards with Ivy Bridge processors works only if you put them into PCIe x16 slot, but I couldn't do that 'cos then I won't be able to use graphic card since I don't have any integrated VGA or two PCIe x16 slots on it.
Also, in meantime, I have tried older PCI DeckLink PRO card to work with on same computer, but with no result. First I thought that the problem is incompatibility with the chipset on my motherboard, but then I have found few guys that work with almost the same computer configuration (all but processors) and they have said that everything works just perfect, so I came to the conclusion that the problem is only with Ivy Bridge processor that I use (they are using Sandy Bridge from i5 and i7 family).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]