FORUMS: list search recent posts

repair card

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy Smith
repair card
on Jul 19, 2012 at 3:40:50 pm

I just got this card (BlackMagic - DeckLink HD Extreme 3D) How can I fix it or where can i get it fixed

Thank You

Return to posts index

Daniel Schweinert
Re: repair card
on Jul 20, 2012 at 10:06:20 am

What happened?

If it's only that small SMT part you can ask your local electronics shop in town. They will do it for a couple of bucks. Though Im not sure if it is a capacitor or resistor. If you can get a pic of a working one you might see which part was there.

Return to posts index

Roy Smith
on Jul 20, 2012 at 12:28:22 pm

This is a working card if you zoom in you can see the printed circuit are damage. Looking to get fix but money is short

Thank You

Return to posts index

Roy Smith
on Jul 20, 2012 at 12:18:27 pm

This is a working card if you zoom in you can see the printed circuit are damage. Looking to get fix but money is short

Thank You

Return to posts index

Roy Smith
on Jul 20, 2012 at 12:26:09 pm

Would you know where I could get a schematic on the Blackmagic DeckLink HD Extreme 3D board

Thank You

Return to posts index

Daniel Schweinert
on Jul 20, 2012 at 1:26:42 pm

Im repairing electronics myself as a hobby and I use parts from old / damaged GPU cards. To me it looks like a 0805 smd capacitor (but Im not 100% sure until I can measure it). You don't need a complete schematic. Usually a local tech geek in your town could measure the one on the right side and solder a new one there. The part itself costs 2 cents. The whole work shouldn't cost you more than a cup of coffee.

Here a youtube video I've found how easy it is to resolder a smd capacitor yourself:

Capacitor 0805: http://sigma.octopart.com/10856365/image/AVX-0805ZC105KAT2A.jpg

But you will need a soldering iron with a small tip.

Return to posts index

Daniel Schweinert
on Jul 20, 2012 at 1:32:19 pm

That said only if the capacitor is damaged.

If the chip above or the underneath conducting path is damaged than it's a whole different story. Can't tell you more from that image. Would need a macro and a more angled view.

Return to posts index

Roy Smith
on Jul 20, 2012 at 4:00:31 pm

It missing one conducting path that go underneath the chip above. Look like I need to learn how to remove chips from the board.

Thank You For Your Time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]