FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Extreme Thunderbolt no HD playback in FCPX

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Halper
Intensity Extreme Thunderbolt no HD playback in FCPX
on Jul 15, 2012 at 7:54:29 pm

I have an Intensity Extreme Thunderbolt and cannot got HD playback in FCPX 10.0.5. I have 2 computers, 2011 17" MBP with drivers 9.5.2 and Retina MBP with 9.5.3. Both only give "Blackmagic 720x480 @29.97" as an option in FCPX preferences. HD playback works great in both Premiere Pro CS6 and Media Computer 6. How do I get HD playback to work?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just discovered you set the playback setting in System Preferences and not within the program. Hopefully this will change to allow the setting to be changed from within FCPX?

Return to posts index

Alex Grainger
Re: Intensity Extreme Thunderbolt no HD playback in FCPX
on Jul 16, 2012 at 1:14:35 pm

Hi. Do you have to change the settings in system preferences ever time you use FCPX, or does it remember the settings each time you use it?

With my Matrox MXO2 Mini it seems to always default back to 29.97 fps even though I almost always use 25fps! I have to close FCPX, change the system preferences and re-load FCPX.

Return to posts index

Mike Halper
on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:37:03 am

It's holding the settings for me.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jul 16, 2012 at 11:12:16 pm

Correct, you do have to set the output format in our control panel now. With the new way that FCPX does Video out this is the way it will work with that app from here on out (unless something else changes).

Glad you got that sorted.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Mike Halper
on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:38:16 am

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

On another note, is there any chance we'll see LUT support in the Intensity Extreme or Ultra Studio Express? It's really important and needed.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jul 17, 2012 at 5:57:21 pm

No plans at the current time. At one point we had basic LUT support in the Decklink HD Extreme 2, but we've moved away from that as of late in favor of hardware down converters.

However you could always use an HDLink Pro to do that, at least with the Ultrastudio Express.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Afsheen Aziz
on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:08:48 pm

hmmm good to know that...

Return to posts index

Eric Matthew
on Nov 24, 2012 at 4:50:44 pm

Hi stupid question. Where is "your" control panel in order to change the AV output format in FCPX?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]