FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Extreme stutters playback in FCP X, not 7

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Intensity Extreme stutters playback in FCP X, not 7
on Jul 11, 2012 at 4:23:54 pm

Anyone else seeing this? In X, with a 1080p sequence, the tv output of the blackmagic intensity extreme, pans have a noticeable stutter that mimics what is seen on the computer monitor in the viewer.

The settings of the extreme is the same as the sequence, 1080p. No frames are being dropped. And the footage has been transcoded to ProRes 422. The same footage with same settings in FCP 7 on the same machine displays no such stutter, in canvas or on extreme output.

If I set the extreme settings in the control panel to 1080i it fixes the problem on output. No more stutter on pans. I leave the sequence settings to progressive. So its playing back progressive over interlaced, no problem. Still see the stutter in FCP X viewer window, which is to be expected on computer monitor. I think what I'm referring to is really "judder."

So, basically to sum it up. The extreme doesn't seem to be capable of true 1080p30 (29.97) output with X. But with 7 it's just fine. Although my last project was 24p and I edited that natively and never saw an issue with any footage. There weren't any slow pans though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]