FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio A/D converter for ATEM TVS switcher

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Crowley
Audio A/D converter for ATEM TVS switcher
on Jul 11, 2012 at 1:16:38 am

I have found the KanexPro AUA2DCV analog to digital converter to be compatible with the digital audio input required by the BMD ATEM TV Studio switcher. This is a very small, ultra-simple, and inexpensive replacement for things like the over-featured Behringer UltraMatch Pro which is sold out in many (most?) places, probably because of the popularity of the BMD ATEM TVS.

I got mine from Markertek for ~US$ 35.

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
Re: Audio A/D converter for ATEM TVS switcher
on Jul 11, 2012 at 7:17:57 am

You should use the Behringer DEQ2496 for the TVS anyway because it offers a internal Delay that you need to maintain audio/video sync.

Cheers

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Afsheen Aziz
on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:10:00 pm

thats too much great..

Return to posts index

Damon Haimoff
on Jul 25, 2012 at 8:28:13 pm

Hi Richard,

There is always some video delay with digital cameras and therefor any associated audio (mics, etc) will need to be delayed to match. My question relates to other non-camera sources (clips, VTRs, etc..) and the amount of audio delay (if any) required to output synchronous audio and video through the TVS. I was planing to place an audio delay (ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496) in between the analog mixer output and TVS, but then got to thinking that the only thing that requires delay would be the camera and therefore the delay should be inserted only on the mic inputs. That is unless the TVS requires some delay on all incoming audio in addition to the specific delay required by the camera.

What has your experience been with the KanexPro AUA2DCV and am I correct in understanding that the TVS does not require overall audio delay, but rather delay on the camera mics only.

Thanks,
Damon

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Jul 26, 2012 at 4:38:11 am

How much delay (if any) a particular application needs depends on many details of the specific situation. It is correct that the KanexPro AUA2DCV only does analog-to-digital conversion and not any kind of delay function.

I was only offering my first-hand experience that the KanexPro AUA2DCV produces a digital signal compatible with the ATEM TVS.

Certainly there are many options for audio delay, some including A/D conversion as well. But last time we put a new TVS into service we discovered that the Behringer Ultramatch Pro SRC2496 is out of stock from all the usual suspects. I suspect because of the popularity of the BMS ATEM TVS. That is why I tried using the Kanex unit. It is a fraction of the size of a full 1-rack unit device (like the SRC2496) and a fraction of the cost as well.

Note that the ATEM TVS ignores and discards any audio coming in via the digital video inputs, so I don't really understand your question about the "camera mics"?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]