FORUMS: list search recent posts

Still a no-go with 9.5.3 drivers and PPro CS 5.5

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Whitney
Still a no-go with 9.5.3 drivers and PPro CS 5.5
on Jul 6, 2012 at 7:55:25 pm

I posted a question back in March regarding the 9.2 drivers not working in Premiere Pro CS5 in that no video was getting sent out to the monitor via an HDLink box. Had the same problem with the 9.5.2 drivers and now with the 9.5.3. They work with After Effects just not Premiere. I drop back & reinstall 9.5.1 and everything works as expected.

I asked at that time if CS5.5 was no longer supported and never heard a peep from anyone officially connected to BMD. And as what seems to be par, I got no reply sending them a message to their web site's tech support. That's pretty sad BMD.

So, I'll try and ask again: Is CS5.5 NOT supported now? I find that hard to believe, but sometimes ya just have to ask the obvious. I hope to upgrade to CS6 by this fall, but simply want to know if I should quit wasting my time trying to update drivers in the mean time.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Still a no-go with 9.5.3 drivers and PPro CS 5.5
on Jul 16, 2012 at 11:28:48 pm

I've just double checked. And 9.5.2 and 9.5.3 as well should work with CS5.5. That is to say that they have not been changed since the last CS5.5 release.

As for CS5.5 being supported. The plug-ins for CS5.5 are no longer being updated. They will continue to be included in our drivers for a while yet. As for support, we'll always do our best to get you up and running if there is a workflow issue. But as far as feature updates I wouldn't expect to see more of them.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jul 16, 2012 at 11:59:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Joshua.

When updating to the later drivers, any idea then as to why Premiere Pro projects will no longer have video sent out to the monitor via HDLink then when using the Black Magic presets, either new or existing?

Thanks,

Mark W.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:04:52 pm

Check the Premiere Preferences. Specifically under playback heading. Make sure there is a check in the Blackmagic tick box.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jul 26, 2012 at 10:10:17 pm

Joshua,

OK. Finally got a bit of time between projects and tried the Blackmagic_Desktop_Video_Windows_9.5.3 drivers once again with my install of PPro CS 5.5.

As I'd thought, yes under Preferences/Player Settings, I had the Blackmagic Design Playback selected. Even so, there's no video getting sent out from the DeckLink Studio to the HDLink box. Audio is fine & mapped as it should be.

I revert back to the 9.1.0.0 drivers and all works as it should.

The problem seems to ONLY be with Premiere Pro. After Effects works. Media Express works. Even the Photoshop menu item works.

Any suggestions or hope that this might get fixed?

Thanks,

Mark

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:28:21 pm

I'm mid project at the moment but will do so in the next day or two and get back. Pretty sure I did check that, but ...

M.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]