FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity, Macs, and movie editing

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vera Berry
Blackmagic Intensity, Macs, and movie editing
on Jul 3, 2012 at 12:31:09 pm

Technically, I could buy a TiVo and use Toast to download commercial movies through a TV signal and edit them. This is advertised as an incentive to buy the program. But, it would defeat my purpose which is to edit movies for my kids. I've been doing this for years. We don't use cable, just Internet.

I bought the Blackmagic Intensity Extreme but have discovered that the HDMI cables block the signal. I can use component cables and I plan on trying the ones that bring in a digital signal. So far, I can only upload in NTSC. :-P. This is no different than using my Moviebox and my old DVD player. I also have the option of buying movies from iTunes and editing them that way but so far, I can't get the program to read the iPad either.

I used to use iMovie but iMovie won't find the Thunderbolt only the Firewire. So it finds no camera.

I don't particularly like Express Media so far. All it does is bring the movies in and save them as Quicktime movies but as I said the quality is horrible. The nice guy at Blackmagic said that I could use Adobe Premium, FCP, Sony's program and Avid. I have FCE HD, but it also can't find the Thunderbolt at this point.

Does anyone know of a plug in for either iMovie or FCE HD to find the Thunderbolt?
Does anyone know of an AFFORDABLE program that finds the Thunderbolt that can stream these in? Editing is not an issue. Bringing them in is an issue.
Please can somebody help me? I can't find any information anywhere on this.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Afsheen Aziz
Re: Blackmagic Intensity, Macs, and movie editing
on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:26:25 pm

Aww i wish could help you to solve this prob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]