FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity pro test signal component

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
Intensity pro test signal component
on Jun 26, 2012 at 3:26:24 pm

Hi, I have a Intensity Pro in my Mac Pro and am trying to get a component monitor working. I have it all connected but cant get a picture. Tried Media Express but whatever I tried to import it said it was not sported. Whats the easiest way to get it to output a signal to component? Googeling did not come up trumps.

My output settings are HDMI & Component, PAL with output processing off.

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

Macpro1,1 2007 6GB RAM 2*2 3Ghz Xeon

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity pro test signal component
on Jul 2, 2012 at 9:57:42 pm

Hey Ben,

If your output settings are set as you've mentioned, then all should be right. Of course you need some footage in Media Express to playback to the monitor.

The way our boards work is that all the outputs stream simultaneously. So if you get output from HDMI, you should also get it in component.

As for importing files, it's important to remember that Media Express is not QT, you can't just open anything in there. You need to use a supported codec at a supported framerate and resolution. So as an example you can use 1080i59.94 10bit Uncompressed. Or you can use 1080i59.94 ProRes (if you have FCP installed). But you cannot open an MPEG2 file in Media Express.

Once you get the right type of file i'm sure you'll find it will open up and play nicely.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]