FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio and CS5.5 BMDPlayer crashing

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill King
Decklink Studio and CS5.5 BMDPlayer crashing
on Jun 25, 2012 at 2:51:37 pm

I have used the same BMD Decklink Studio card in an older Intel D975XBX2 system, and now in a a new X79 system. Both systems exhibit this issue. The older system had CS5, the new system has CS5.5. Both are Win7 64-bit. The new system has 64GB of DDR3 and a G-Speed eSPro drive array with Atto R680 card for storage.

The issue is simply that when I initiate a long render of a timeline, say 5-10 minutes, the Program Monitor and the HDMI out of the Decklink card will no longer update once the render is complete. Eventually PPro crashes and the dump indicates the failing module is BMDPlayer. This can happen if I just leave the computer sitting with a project open and come back to it in a bit.

Also, when I initiate the title tool in PPro, the HDMI output of the Decklink card goes offline, not just blank, but offline. My monitor goes into power saving mode because there is no feed there at all.

My older computer would usually recover from the title tool issue once the title tool was closed. The new one just crashes.

There are no issues with audio of video playback or capture. It all works great except for these two issues.

The new machine has all updates and drivers installed. It has APM setting such that it won't sleep ever.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Bo Skelmose
Re: Decklink Studio and CS5.5 BMDPlayer crashing
on Jun 25, 2012 at 8:46:02 pm

Hi
I have the same problem with my Asus X58 - P6T7 WS SuperComputer motherboard and my Decklink HD Extreme. I have considered to buy a newer motherboard but it seems as if it will not help.

Return to posts index

Bill King
on Jun 28, 2012 at 2:27:48 am

So, I guess this is pretty rare and no one has any input about this? Just one response of someone else having this problem. I have not received a response from BMD on this either. I put in a help request on 3 business days ago.

Return to posts index

Bill King
on Jul 11, 2012 at 12:01:14 am

It would be good if Bo could contact BMD about this issue with details about your system and experience. I had some dialog with Albert Chu, but he seems to have gone dark on me. I am now at the point of asking if they are even going to look into this, or should I just dump the BMD card and go get a Matrox setup to work with PPro.
Go here: http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/request/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]