FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink + CS5.5 Audio Problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ninetto makavejev
Decklink + CS5.5 Audio Problems
on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:22:34 pm

Hello.
I am running Premiere CS5.5/Window-7 with the 9.5 BMD drivers on a new X79 board with plenty of RAM and one of Intel's fastest processors.

Nevertheless, 1 out of 3 times the Decklink drivers do not initialize properly, I then have no playback, no audio, even outside of CS5.5 - I have deinstalled the on-board audio chip to avoid any conflicts with the Decklink sound.

This is getting rather frustrating. I had goten used to the odd audio-glitch/delay within Premiere but no audio at all is a pain, even if restarting a few times, I do "hit-the-jackpot" and regain my audio. My 6-year experience with three generations of Decklink-cards has been two steps forwards three steps back, a merciless one-armed-bandit.

Anybody have a suggestion? Driver rollback? Yes, I have tried re-installing. It is strange that the problem seems inconsistent, i.e. one out of every three boots...

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Decklink + CS5.5 Audio Problems
on Jun 22, 2012 at 1:25:12 am

Hi Ninetto,

When this problem occurs, please check to see if you still see the device listed in Windows Device Manager under Sound, Video and Game Controllers. If not, it would suggest that the system itself is not detecting the hardware. If this is the case I think it's likely there's a conflict somewhere in the system. In the past I have seen similar problems where the DeckLink card in a slot that shares a PCIe bus with another device, such as the graphics card. I would suggest trying the DeckLink card in different PCIe slots if possible. But if this does not help, please do contact your regional support team, either using the numbers on the following page

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Or using the support request form from the product's section in the support pages here

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

ninetto makavejev
on Jun 23, 2012 at 5:09:36 pm

Thanks for your response.
I have tried a different fix suggested a few posts earlier which was actually about BSOD and firmware updating: the suggestion from you, Chris, was about turning off any power-saving for pcie-devices.

But in fact I tried just that for my problem and maybe it is just luck but for 1.5 days now the drivers have always been loading properly. I will keep my fingers crossed, that would be great if it is that simple.

best regards, Ninetto

Return to posts index

ninetto makavejev
on Jun 25, 2012 at 2:24:22 pm

Sorry to say my optimism with the "easy" fix in the previous post has not panned out.

Today I had to re-boot 4 times before the BM-drivers "kicked in".
This is not good.
When I have more time I will open the machin and try the other suggestion of switching pcie-lots. The X79 system (gigabyte x79-ud3) has 4 such slots 2x running 16x and 2x running 8x. Is there any standard recommendation as to which pci-e slot to use???

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
on Jun 26, 2012 at 12:29:29 am

I'm sorry to hear things are no better. I would suggest putting the card in the slot furthest away from other PCIe cards. It will therefore be less likely to be sharing resources with another device, which is quite possibly what the problem is, but I couldn't be absolutely sure of this.

You may also be able to change the slot configuration in the computer's BIOS. Sometimes not all slots are being provided with their full possible bandwidth. If the problem still occurs please do try other slots too. If that fails I think it will be best to phone support.

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]