Figuring out a good A->D/D->A box in the post-firewire age

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Bernagozzi
Figuring out a good A->D/D->A box in the post-firewire age
on Jun 21, 2012 at 11:47:06 am

Hi everyone,

This may ramble a little bit, but I am asking a question about a BMD product:

I am creating a specialized production setup where I plan to work with analog video synthesizers that stream the signal simultaneously into the computer for digital processing. In past rigs that I have worked with, we used a Canopus FW A-D and D-A converter to both stream the signal into the computer and then out to other gear. However, since apple seems to be forcing FW out to make way for thunderbolt, we were considering switching to BMD's Intensity shuttle or some other device that will allow us to continue this workflow, but we aren't sure how thunderbolt is going to behave with various programs we use.

So my question is: would the BMD Intensity card ( http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/ ) let us stream analog video into and out of the computer? Our programs usually let us take the stream via firewire or usb, but we can't figure out the best, affordable method with the new ports. If you think another product would be better, I would appreciate the direction. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Justin Moy
Re: Figuring out a good A->D/D->A box in the post-firewire age
on Jun 22, 2012 at 5:05:31 am

The Intensity Pro PCIe card has Component Video Inputs and Outputs. The ouputs simply pass-through the input when capturing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]