FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lookup tables in Intensity Extreme or Ultra Studio Express?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Halper
Lookup tables in Intensity Extreme or Ultra Studio Express?
on Jun 18, 2012 at 1:22:02 pm

Is it possible to load lookup tables to the Intensity Extreme or Ultra Studio Express (when it comes out)? When I restart my computer without the Intensity Extreme connected I see the option to load a lookup table in the system preferences Blackmagic Design pane, but it's grayed out and goes away when I connect the Intensity Extreme. I'm using a Macbook Pro so need a solution that connects with Thunderbolt. I can load the lookup table in Resolve, but would like to use it for other apps such as FCP7, X, Avid, CS6, etc.

Mike

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Lookup tables in Intensity Extreme or Ultra Studio Express?
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:19:02 am

Hi Mike,

The output Lookup Tables option you are seeing in the preferences is used only with the DeckLink HD Extreme 2. This Lookup Table feature is not built into any of the current range of capture devices. I'm afraid that I can not think of any other way you would be able to apply Lookup Tables for output from all applications without using external hardware such as the HDLink Pro.

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Mike Halper
Re: Lookup tables in Intensity Extreme or Ultra Studio Express?
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:24:44 am

Thanks for replying. Please consider it a feature request. There's a lot of us out here that are now using computers that don't have PCI slots for a Decklink Extreme 2. Maybe if you make the Decklink drivers Thunderbolt aware it could be used in a Sonnet enclosure, but something like the Intensity Extreme Thunderbolt or Ultra Studio Express with LUTs would be perfect. I'd hate to have to add another external hardware to get LUTs via the HDLink Pro. I'm sure there's many in the same situation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]