FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped Frames with PP CS6/ Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ansel Spear
Dropped Frames with PP CS6/ Intensity Pro
on Jun 18, 2012 at 6:50:21 am

When I am outputting to an external (3rd) monitor via the HDMI/Intensity Pro (9.5.2), I am getting so many dropped frames that the vision is lagging by about 1-2 seconds.

The material is single layer native XDCam EX with either no effects applied or accelerated effects (3-way colour corrector). I have tried with CUDA hardware enabled/disabled.

When I disable the Intensity Pro and either (i) do not output; only use the program monitor within the application or (ii) output to the 2nd monitor (off the Graphics card), I do not get dropped frames.

This was not an issue in CS5.5 when the Intensity Pro was not as integrated as it is with CS6. It only seems to have developed as an issue since Adobe codecs drive the Blackmagic card.

Win 7 Xeon 5650
Quadro FX3800
24Gb 1333 DDR3
1 x 720 system drive
1 x SATA internal raid0 - captured footage
1 x external SATA raid0 - Cache and preview files
Asus Xonar D1 audio card
3 x Dell U2410 monitors

Does anybody have an inkling what may be causing the lag/dropped frames, or whether there is an issue elsewhere?

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Ansel Spear
Re: Dropped Frames with PP CS6/ Intensity Pro
on Jun 18, 2012 at 7:35:17 am

I would like to add...

Upon further investigation, the external monitor (Intensity Pro) is AHEAD by about 24-30 frames. Although dropped frames are reported, the program monitor within the application remains in sync.

Return to posts index

David Gaudio
on Jul 2, 2012 at 5:04:41 pm

I have a 27" iMac purchased in January of this year (3.4 ghz Intel Core i7), 12 gigs of RAM and the 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M. Have the Blackmagic UltraStudio 3D box - all newest drivers for both BMD and Adobe. Am having exactly the same stuttering problem, and it might be a dealbreaker for me with CS6 if it's not resolved (I don't have this problem with FCP 7). I'm just playing a simple video track and ONE audio track, not doing anything but watching, just one take with no edits, and suddenly the video starts to stutter and the whole program becomes unstable. What is going on?

Return to posts index

Darren Hall
on Jun 18, 2012 at 4:16:45 pm

Hi Ansel,

I am also having problems with my Ultra Studio pro. My issue is the quality of the visuals on the external monitor is very poor. I did not have this in CS5.5. If I disable CUDA then the quality is fantastic but you then need to render if you add effects. I have also noticed if the Cuda is enabled the CTI is eractic as in when you scrub and stop and press space bar it jumps back and forward.

Darren

Return to posts index

Ansel Spear
on Jun 18, 2012 at 4:34:36 pm

I'm having problems with erratic scrubbing when the reference monitor displaying the vectorscope/RGB parade is enabled (it needn't be visible - it only needs to be tabbed.)

Here's an Adobe thread...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4482184#4482184

I'm not sure that this is a Blackmagic issue, as it persists when monitoring through the Intensity Pro is disabled.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Alvarez
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:28:00 am

I'm having this problem as well, and it's very frustrating. Half the times I want to play the timeline the audio lags behind a second or so, and I have to go back and start playing again. Until now I was editing in Edius with an HD Spark card and this never happens with it.

I noticed that if you start playing from the beginning of the timeline, and you have a few seconds of black video, it will cause this lag each and every time. If you move the playhead to the beginning of the first clip, it will play in sync. But, sometimes you place the playhead anywhere in the timeline and hit the space bar, and it will play out of sync.

And, if you have automatic playback after rendering, it will start playing out of sync.

Overall, it seems to me like this card is a piece of junk. I bought it in 2010 and it used to crash Premiere every few minutes, so I returned it. Now I bought it again, hoping that it would work, and it doesn't crash it but it has terrible performance problems. At least I can return it, and this is the last time I buy it. I guess I'll try the Matrox MXO2.

Sebastian R. Alvarez

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]