FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is anyone successfully using the ATEM 1ME control surface on an ATEM 2ME switcher?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun Roemich
Is anyone successfully using the ATEM 1ME control surface on an ATEM 2ME switcher?
on Jun 16, 2012 at 5:29:26 pm

Looking very seriously at "replacing" my ATEM 1ME switcher with the 2ME but have VERY little interest in picking up a 2ME control surface.

I REALLY only need the 2nd mix-effect buss for the occasional output configuration that I can't get using the Aux sends on my 1ME.

So I got to thinking - can I control M/E Buss 1 with a (yet-to-be-purchased) 1ME control surface and use the software to control the M/E Buss 2?

The BMD website is a little contradictory and we all know that checking in with actual users is critical with BMD gear as to what works and what doesn't, given any given firmware version.

Big Dog - Technical Director - Switcher
Road Dog Media - Vancouver, BC Canada
roaddogmedia@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Juan Américo Carranza
Re: Is anyone successfully using the ATEM 1ME control surface on an ATEM 2ME switcher?
on Jun 18, 2012 at 5:49:13 pm

Everything works great. We use ATEM control panel with the ATEM 2 switcher. You can choose if you want ME1 or ME2 on the panel and if you preffer you can control by software any ME too. Remember the Upstream Keys 1 and 2 works on ME1 and the Upstream Keys 3 and 4 works on ME2.

Return to posts index

Shaun Roemich
Re: Is anyone successfully using the ATEM 1ME control surface on an ATEM 2ME switcher?
on Jun 18, 2012 at 5:58:43 pm

Thanks so much for your response, Juan!

I was under the impression that EACH M/E buss had 4 upstream keyers. Good to know that isn't correct.

Big Dog - Technical Director - Switcher
Road Dog Media - Vancouver, BC Canada
roaddogmedia@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]