FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for an ethernet switch recommendation to control multiple BMD devices (including ATEM) in a rack

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun Roemich
Looking for an ethernet switch recommendation to control multiple BMD devices (including ATEM) in a rack
on Jun 8, 2012 at 12:10:56 am

Title pretty much says it all...

Looking for a recommendation for a rack mountable (1RU) ethernet switch to attach my ATEM 1ME and other BMD devices (SmartView HD and DUO, multiple HyperDecks etc.) To multiple computers for control and still store loading as well as allowing me to add the control surface this fall...

Anyone care to share what they are having luck with? Don't need any internet access or external network access (besides the two computers being able to talk to the ATEM) for this application.

Thanks in advance!

Big Dog - Technical Director - Switcher
Road Dog Media - Vancouver, BC Canada
roaddogmedia@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Tom Bassford
Re: Looking for an ethernet switch recommendation to control multiple BMD devices (including ATEM) in a rack
on Jun 8, 2012 at 1:09:42 pm

I use the TPLink Gigabit switches - they are cheap as chips, fast, have internal PSUs and come with the rack ears included.

What more could you want (OK it would be better if they were not a nasty brown colour, but beggars can't be choosers!)

http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/?categoryid=224&model=TL-SG1008

http://ATEMuser.com

Return to posts index

Shaun Roemich
Re: Looking for an ethernet switch recommendation to control multiple BMD devices (including ATEM) in a rack
on Jun 9, 2012 at 6:13:34 pm

Thanks Tom! My computer parts VAR stocks them at great prices as you say. Will investigate further. Much appreciated.

Big Dog - Technical Director - Switcher
Road Dog Media - Vancouver, BC Canada
roaddogmedia@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Moore
on Aug 16, 2012 at 9:47:45 pm

No port count? I would probably recommend either the iwNetworks ECS4610-50T or 26T switch.

matt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]