FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premier CS5.5 and latest drivers problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Whitney
Premier CS5.5 and latest drivers problem
on Jun 5, 2012 at 7:59:21 pm

I'll post this on the BMD web site as well but often had quicker responses here.

I've a Win7 system using a DeckLink Studio card and feeding a monitor via a HDLink box. Updated to the latest drivers (9.5.2.0) this morning and couldn't get signal out to the monitor when in Premier Pro CS5.5.

Media Express and After Effects CS 5.5 worked fine though.

Uninstalled and tried the 9.2.0.0 drivers (that I'd downloaded but never installed for some reason) and had the same problem.

Uninstalled and dropped back to the 9.1.0.0 drivers that I'd been using and all was working again.

Thanks,

So, is this a problem with the later drivers, or are they NOT supporting Premiere Pro prior to the CS5 6x release?

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
Re: Premier CS5.5 and latest drivers problem
on Jun 6, 2012 at 2:37:25 pm

Are you using a Blackmagic preset sequence? I noticed with the older drivers, I could still get preview output on my monitor even with a non-Blackmagic sequence, but that went away once I updated to the newest drivers.

IMO, that wasn't a big deal.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:02:22 pm

I noticed the problem first on a current PPro project right after I updated to 9.5.0.0. I then tried a new project using a BM preset and still had the same problem.

When I uninstalled those and tried the 9.2 drivers, I was a bit surprised that they didn't work either as the readme specifically states that they're for CS 5.5.

Reading through the past months posts, seems that there are a lot of issues with the 9.5 drivers with CS 6.x

Well, at least I have something that works and is pretty current. I'm sure they'll eventually sort it out.

M.

Return to posts index

ninetto makavejev
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:37:33 pm

Well, at least I have something that works and is pretty current. I'm sure they'll eventually sort it out.

Umm, I wouldn't hold your breath about BMD sorting this out. Yes, I am frustrated: I have had two models of Decklink cards in the last five years. Every 3 months or so, I post on this forum if anyone has YET gotten the 1080p timeline to work with Premiere.

All I get is silence or very ineffective workarounds. Five years running. Still waiting.

Anyone using Decklink 1080p timeline in Premiere, outputting via HDMI to a high-quality monitor, that has it working? Just askin'.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:34:48 pm

That certainly has to be disheartening. Have your considered giving their Tech Support folk in Fremont CA a call?

Ph# is +1 (408) 324 2799.

I've had good luck with them.

FWIW though, the very first project I did with the DeckLink Studio was 1920 X 1080p. I didn't capture material through it; the files were brought to me on a drive. Nor am I sending it out to HDMI directly. Its going out via SDI to a original HDLink box and then out to HDMI.

I didn't even know what this project was shot on so thought I'd have to track down a codec. As it turned out, Premiere accepted them straight out w/o any complaint. Delivered the final as a digital file for a Blu-ray supplement.

Return to posts index

ninetto makavejev
on Jun 7, 2012 at 7:59:13 am

Thanks for the info and hope on the (maybe-not-so-far-off) horizon, that one day mankind will be able to play BMD 1080p timelines with Decklink within premiere.

The problem has nothing to do with codec or Premiere per se, because I can take the very same 1080p files and as long as I use the Adobe preset and Adobe player, the 1080p plays fine, even within the same project.

It is just the 1080p BMD-preset that never works. Never has. There were other posts here about this problem and the only solution offered was to edit BMD-1080i (that works) and then at the very end mark all files and place in a BMD-1080p timeline so that Premiere does no inadvertently de-interlace already progressive material.

Like I said, very frustrating, after all these years and 4 versions of premiere, 2 versions of the Decklink card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]