FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Hd extreme malfunction

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tibor Bencze
Decklink Hd extreme malfunction
on Jun 5, 2012 at 11:31:59 am

There is a very important matter I need your help to solve.
I have a Mac Pro 3.1 with a BM DecklinkHD Extreme 2 card installed. The card No: 266186. I haven't figured out why but when I install the 9.5 driver to it from that point the FCP7 cannot work properly. Par example I cannot do multicam editing as it drops the frames continuously with XDCam EX 1080p 25 VBR video files and it doesn't read the files smoothly or just quits unexpectedly. After a restart the situation is the same even only with one video track. Evenmore there is no BM XDCam 1080p 25 VBR35Mbps option in the Easy Setup and I have no idea what should I choose to be able to work with this. The biggest problem is that this creates the same problem by choosing the FCP own setup as well: quits unexpectedly many times, plays the video unevenly and causes drop frames, so it is impossible to work with it.
If the card and the driver are installed to my machine other workflows show malfunction as well like DVCPro HD or HDV, many times I have to quit and restart the program to continue the work. I know that XDCam doesn't require I/O card but for monitoring I think it should be working properly. If the driver is installed to the card in my computer I cannot use the multicam function only on the other Macs which has no such card. I f I take the card out I can run multicam very well even in Safe RT mode without unlimited RT. But only if I install the whole OSX and other programs as well from scratch, if the driver is on the computer the work is unstable. I also tried to use an earlier version of the driver (8.5) and I reinstalled the whole system minimum 20 times to see where the problem starts and I put only to the Mac the basic OSX and FCS3. I tested it with BM driver and without it. Now I took the card out of the machine and the computer works fine but I really would like to know where the problem comes from exactly, from the diver or both. Right now I can use neither to Avid nor Adobe as I use often the FCS3 as well. I am very disappointed especially if I need to buy a new device to my work.
I am looking forward to reading your advice and I hope I don't need to turn to other sources.
Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Tibor Bencze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]