FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink and PrPro 6 Oddity ??

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Creasman
Decklink and PrPro 6 Oddity ??
on Jun 2, 2012 at 1:24:02 am

Just upgraded to CS6.0.1, was using CS5. PrPro sees the card just fine, but the problem is when monitoring to an external monitor my HD footage is being output in a "4:3" format. It was and still is working fine using PrPro 5. also works a expected in After Effects. The XDCAM HD footage did play back properly if I put it into a 1920x1080 BM sequence, but should work in a PRPro native sequence.
Just did all this today, have not tried any SD footage as yet...hoping to have some ideas to try out on Monday morning.
Any Ideas??

Mac OSX 10.7.4
24 gig ram
Nvidia 4000 for mac
XDCAM HD 1080P 30 native Sequence -
All drivers are up to date

Thanks for any directions

Return to posts index

Peter Hoeyberghs
Re: Decklink and PrPro 6 Oddity ??
on Jun 2, 2012 at 4:36:18 am

Hello George,

I've exactly the same problem with the last driver of BM Decklink.
I've already opened a ticket at BM support. But they told me that they don't have premiere CS6 yet to reproduce this issue.
Looks a bit strange to me.
Anyway to overcome this issue you can install the driver 8.5 this works fine for HD footaged, but when playing SD footage like DV-PAL you will see that the output image is horizontally squeezed.
So a bit frustrating for the moment.

I've also noticed that with the driver 8.5.2 the multicam output image is very sluggish. It looks like a low resolution image.
I'm working with a Windows PC. Please can you test the multicam on your MAC. To see if you have the same problem?
Looking foreward to your answer.

Peter

Return to posts index

George Creasman
on Jun 2, 2012 at 12:07:00 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try the older driver on Moday. I'll see if I can test the multicam, but it is a feature I never use, most of my footage comes from 1 or 2 cameras.
Strikes me as odd that the new drivers work fine (for my set up) in CS5, but not in CS6...also can't believe they would not have CS6 on hand?!? No way to release drivers withou it.

Return to posts index

George Creasman
on Jun 4, 2012 at 12:54:44 pm

Peter,
I uninstalled the newest driver and then installed 9.5.0, it seems to be working well in the initial test.
I set up a quick multicam sequence as you asked and it was working fine also (4 XDCAM HD sources), output was clean and "almost" smooth.
Thanks for the suggestion!

George

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jun 4, 2012 at 5:05:50 pm

Hey Guys,

Just a sanity check here. You guys are using the 9.5.2 drives and not the 8.x drivers as mentioned in the post? George's last post seems to imply that you were using the 9.5.2 then downgraded to 9.5.0. Just want to be sure.

So I'd like to try to get this reproduced here. You said that if you used the XDCAM 30P preset the output was odd, but if you used a native BMD setup it worked fine? What is your source footage? There seems to be some scaling issue here, and i'd like to get it narrowed down. So let me know your source footage (res/framerate and codec) so I can try to duplicate here.

Thanks guys,

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

George Creasman
on Jun 4, 2012 at 9:44:44 pm

Yes you are correct, normal XDCAM preset produced a 4:3 ish image that was squeezed from the sides...the BMD 1920x1080 preset output a proper sized image.
I had the 9.5.2 driver installed (not 8), using footage exported directly from an XDCAM disc to my Hard drive, the files are .mxf...XDCAM HD 30P..29.97...when I went to the 9.5.0 driver it worked as expected in PrPro. Used a regular XDCAM HD sequence preset and it output properly. I used it all day with the only real issue being loss of audio on 1 clip for no reason, restarting Premiere fixed that.
Worked OK in After Effects too, except that the output could not quite keep real time when playing back a ram preview (same footage types).
Thanks for the interest and I'll be watching for the next driver to try!
For what it's worth we have BMD and AJA solutions in our facility and so far the BMD has been the less frustrating experience.

George

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Jun 5, 2012 at 9:02:33 pm

Cool...i'll try to get a tech to repo that and if we can find the same thing we'll report it up.

Thanks for that!

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Peter Hoeyberghs
on Jun 16, 2012 at 3:07:24 pm

Hello Guys,

In the mean time I've reported the squeezed HDV issue to BM support.
They are now aware of the problem and they are working on it to get it fixed. Sorry about the mistake about the driver. You're all right I've also tested the driver 9.5.2 and not 8.xx.
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]