FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity & Decklink HD Extreme 3D - Pass-through Fuzzy w/ Samsung LCD

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Brabenec
Intensity & Decklink HD Extreme 3D - Pass-through Fuzzy w/ Samsung LCD
on May 30, 2012 at 8:01:41 pm

Card: Decklink HD Extreme 3D (Also tested w/ Intensity Pro & Shuttle)
Input: Any 720/1080 progressive signal.

Monitor Device: Samsung P2450H 24"
Monitor P/N: P2450H (Model Code LS24LRZKUV/ZA)

Issue:

My Samsung LCD (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001378)
is "missing a line" in the negotiated resolution when hooked up to the pass-through HDMI port on the rear of the Decklink. The LCD is reporting 1279x720 for a 1280x720 original input signal. This causes the end result displayed on the Samsung to be fuzzy. Alternate input sources (Component/HDMI, 720P/1080P) were all tested with the same results with a missing line.

I tested this out with Asus & Acer LCD's and the issue does not show on these two I could get my hands on.

Has anyone witnessed this or can anyone test this on a Samsung LCD for me and let me know if you show the same problem? You can have either this model Samsung or any Samsung LCD to test. A case was already opened with BM but they're just as puzzled by it. They also didn't have a Samsung readily available to attempt to reproduce/confirm this problem. Hopefully someone else out there has used Samsung LCD's with this pass-through functionality - and if you had, please let me know what model you did try. :)

Thanks guys,

-Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]