FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDLink Pro 3D / Displayport drops all output on resolution change

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stepan Grasvenoff
HDLink Pro 3D / Displayport drops all output on resolution change
on May 29, 2012 at 7:19:29 am

We've just set up the above unit to output from our Avid DS box to a 2011 Panasonic PDP via a DP to HDMI adapter. It works fine at first, but if we change the resolution, or happen to switch out of Avid or anything else that changes the signal the box receives, it then refuses to output anything until it's been rebooted several times, or if I plug in a laptop via USB and turn 3D on and off a few times, or switch between side by side and frame packing, so forth.

It's not the output from the machine, as it works fine going through other devices and the HDLink's status light always show a valid input signal. The DP to HDMI adapter has been changed out, as has the HDLink itself.

We're at our wits' end and need to get this up and running RELIABLY, so any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

dermot shane
Re: HDLink Pro 3D / Displayport drops all output on resolution change
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:27:25 pm

i also use the HDlinPro with DS, and have the same issues, but maybe less of them... have returned one and the replacement is a bit more stable, i can work for a few days without an issue, then it goes away again...

mostly i stay in one format all day tho, and switch from 444 to 422, and back.. some times the BMD works, some times it won't until power cycled.. it's pretty rare for me to switch frame rates tho, usualy i'm in true 24 or 23.98 and stay that way for days and days

i do have an older Aja box beside the BMD, my fallback position.. the Aja is 422 only, but is as reliable as a sledgehammer.

d

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]