FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro dropped frames with SSD (OCZ Vertex 4) 720p Uncompressed

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Gregory
Intensity Pro dropped frames with SSD (OCZ Vertex 4) 720p Uncompressed
on May 29, 2012 at 6:27:45 am

I'm attempting to record uncompressed 720p Xbox 360 game footage to my SSD, an OCZ Vertex 4 (128 GB), using Blackmagic Media Express with an Intensity Pro, but I am getting dropped frames anywhere from 1 to 3 seconds after I click Capture. I have already updated the firmware of my Vertex 4 SSD to version 1.4, which is now giving me 200-400 MB/s write speeds according to the Blackmagic Disk Speed Test software. These speeds should be more than adequate to record 720p (59.94 fps) footage (according to Disk Speed Test anyways). Any ideas about why I am getting dropped frames, or any suggestions on how I may be able to fix this.

My guess would be that the write speeds of the SSD are fluctuating too much during capture, and are becoming too slow at times for the recording.

Return to posts index

Tyler Gregory
Re: Intensity Pro dropped frames with SSD (OCZ Vertex 4) 720p Uncompressed
on May 29, 2012 at 7:13:30 am

I just installed several SATA drivers (Asmedia SATA Controller Driver, Marvell SATA 6G Driver, and Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software) that came with my motherboard, and that seemed to do the trick. I recorded 1 minute and 30 seconds without any problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]