FORUMS: list search recent posts

9.5.1 Drivers on Extreme

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
9.5.1 Drivers on Extreme
on May 25, 2012 at 2:16:18 pm

Anyone having these issues with the 9.5.1 drivers? I'm on an i7 iMac with TB Pegasus raid. 16 gigs RAM.

In FCP 7, bringing a PNG into the viewer instantly crashes FCP hard. Sometimes with the error... "there was a problem with the Blackmagic Codec" or something like that.

In PPRo CS6, manipulating anything in the Program monitor via double click and transform like scale, rotate, etc. takes 10-15 seconds to update. Sometimes updating the last 5 things you did all at once, after 10-15 seconds. The program just grinds to a halt, but seems fine otherwise.

I'm going back to 9.2.1. I'd go back to 9.5 but it's hard to edit with the constant loud static emanating from my speakers at all times.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: 9.5.1 Drivers on Extreme
on May 25, 2012 at 3:07:35 pm

9.2.1 crashes pngs too.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on May 26, 2012 at 3:30:26 pm

9.5.1 is actually the best one yet for me with the extreme. Trim mode and CC in Avid are still slow-ish and caps lock sometimes messes stuff up, but otherwise way better than the prev drivers.

Just tried a png with alpha matte in FCP 7 and it worked as normal. Don't have CS 6 yet to try that one.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 27, 2012 at 3:10:19 pm

Try a screenshot png specifically. I use those quite a lot. It's definitely the drivers. I can turn off external monitoring in FCP 7, and not crash.

But, if I load up a screenshot PNG in the viewer, THEN go and turn external monitoring on, it will instantly crash saying there's a problem with the blackmagic codec. I'm not using any blackmagic codecs. Just ProRes 422.

Crazy.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on May 28, 2012 at 1:44:31 am

Hi Bret,

What size is your screenshot PNGs?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 28, 2012 at 5:35:40 am

Any size. Just recently we were grabbing items from clients website. Some small, some whole pages. So, nothing huge.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]