FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync issues w/ HDMI captures

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Bussé
Sync issues w/ HDMI captures
on May 17, 2012 at 8:47:08 pm

I'm using a DeckLink HD Extreme 3D for captures into FCP. Signal is an HDMI output from a GPU on a PC which I have set to 1920x1080 at 59 fps via the Nvidia control panel. In Log and Capture, I have the input set to Blackmagic 1080p 59.94 Hz. It sees the signal and records okay, but the resulting file shows the last 20% or so of each clip as black, and the audio and video drift out of sync. Apparently there is an issue with frame rates not matching ... also the captured clips in the Bin show up as Upper (Odd) instead of None after capture. Anyone know how to resolve?

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Sync issues w/ HDMI captures
on May 18, 2012 at 12:45:08 am

Hi Brad,

These problems would imply to me that frames are being dropped. If the frame rate didn't match you would have no picture at all. I would suggest enabling the option to stop capture on dropped frames if there is one in the capture software you are using, or trying with software such as Media Express which does have this option.

I would also try a lower data rate format too and see if the same problem remains. I have seen some motherboards cope nicely with 1080i59.94, but the input signal would drop out with 1080p59.94 because it didn't have enough bandwidth. I think that because the audio still remains, but the video has problems, this is more likely to be the issue. Sometimes you can improve this if the motherboard has any options to change the PCIe bandwidth, or by moving the card into a slot with more bandwidth.

If you do still have problems however, please do get in touch with your regional support team using the numbers on the following page

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Or you can send a support request from the product's page in the support section of the website here

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Brad Bussé
Re: Sync issues w/ HDMI captures
on May 18, 2012 at 1:16:22 am

The files that I captured in FCP actually play back okay in Quicktime Pro. Also, I tried capturing via the same hardware pipeline, also to 1080p 59.94, but this time in Blackmagic's Media Express capture app. That captures files that playback okay when imported into FCP.... Anyone know what's going on? Seems like there is an incompatability between metadata created by Final Cut when using Blackmagic hardware/drivers.

Chris, the motherboard is that of a Mac Pro 2.8 quad.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]