FORUMS: list search recent posts

blackmagic smartview HD running off v-mount battery!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iain Gray
blackmagic smartview HD running off v-mount battery!
on May 17, 2012 at 8:41:08 pm

Hi,

Not sure if anyone's going to know the answer to this as the product is quite new...

I'm trying to get a blackmagic 17" Smartview monitor to run
off a v-mount battery. The monitor specs say 12-15v and my v-mount batteries are reading 14.8v approx. I've got an adapter cable from dtap to 2.5mm plug which fits the monitor. When i plug it in, the backlight lights up, but the image doesn't come up. Just a blank screen.

Anybody have any ideas on this? I thought it could be a great field monitor, but need battery operation?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Iain Gray
Re: blackmagic smartview HD running off v-mount battery!
on May 23, 2012 at 2:49:38 pm

If anyone is wondering the same thing. It does run off a v-mount, but only when it's discharged almost completely. My camera tells me the battery is less than 15v but the monitor won't run until the battery is much flatter. Going to buy a regulator to keep it at 12v.

Return to posts index

Evan Meades
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:30:42 am

Hi, just wondering if this works fine as a camera monitor? Did you get the battery power working?

I was also wondering if this would work on my EX3 sdi for event filming in one location, probably adapter powered but battery too if possible.

Evo

Cheers!

Evan
Macpro, FCPHD 7, AEPB CS4, Decklink Studio , Motion4 (Apple Studio Suite yada yada)

Return to posts index

Iain Gray
on Jun 6, 2012 at 9:36:16 am

well basically it's too sensitive to voltage for either an NP1 or a vmount battery. You need a 12v regulator to make it work. I've got one on order now so I'll report back if it works.

Return to posts index

Iain Gray
on Jun 6, 2012 at 3:50:56 pm

It works with this 12v regulator from ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320892253419?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p39...

I had to re solder a D-tap and the 2.5mm pole to get it to fit. It's a shame the monitor doesn't accept a wider range of voltages, such as the nanoflash that is 6-30v! But I guess for the price you can't complain.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]