FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring HyperDeck MXF to Avid MC

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Crenshaw
Transferring HyperDeck MXF to Avid MC
on May 17, 2012 at 8:11:09 pm

We've just purchased a Sony PMW-350 and Black Magic HyperDeck (HDS) Shuttle 2. We're also using MC Nitris 5.0 on Win 7 64bit.

Our plan is to use the HDS to do the bulk of our recording thru SDI and also roll the SxS in the 350 as a backup. The latest version of the HDS software supports TC over SDI. So, we will have matching TC on the SxS and HDS clips.

The HDS records in the following formats:
Uncompressed .mov
Avid DNxHD MXF
Avid DNxHD MXF in a .mov wrapper.

I can import the clips from either .mov format as I do from rendered AE projects but the timecode will be lost. My question is how do I get the MXF data from the HDS into an Avid bin and maintain it's TC data? I thought about placing the MXF files in a media folder but there are no master clips to associate the media with in a project. I don't expect there will be a file structure on the HDS to allow Avid AMA import.

Any other avenues to check out?

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
Re: Transferring HyperDeck MXF to Avid MC
on May 18, 2012 at 7:31:11 am

Hi Marc,

as you described just drag the files into the Avid media folder. Then you can import the clips by dragging them into a bin inside Avid or by using the Avid media tool (It should be somewhere in the upper menus).

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
Re: Transferring HyperDeck MXF to Avid MC
on May 18, 2012 at 12:03:55 pm

Thanks Andreas.

That's what I ended up doing. I've also figured out that I can create the Avid Media folder structure on the HyperDeck's SSD and the Avid should scan it like any other media drive...haven't tried this yet.

Have a great day...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]