FORUMS: list search recent posts

intensity pro plus hdmi-sdi mini converter

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve goldberg
intensity pro plus hdmi-sdi mini converter
on May 17, 2012 at 7:43:01 pm

I'm assuming this should work, but I'm unable to be successful yet....

I have JVC HD monitor that has HD-SDI inputs, with no HDMI. I have an Intensity Pro card in my Mac and an HDMI-SDI mini converter. I want to monitor my FCP 7 timeline via the SDI, so I figured I could connect the HDMI out on the Intensity Pro to the HDMI in on the Mini Converter and then connect the SDI out on the MC to my monitor. I have the Blackmagic HD 720p output chosen in my Audio/Video settings and it is set to external video-all frames.

Where am I going wrong here? Am I faulty in assuming I can go from Intensity Pro to Mini Converter? Is there another setting somewhere I need to change? Any advice would be great.

Steve

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: intensity pro plus hdmi-sdi mini converter
on May 18, 2012 at 12:14:22 am

Hi Steve,

I can't see any reason this would not work. If you have a TV with an HDMI input, it might be best to check if there's anything on the output of the Intensity Pro first. There's very little that can change with the Mini Converter besides audio settings, so I would expect the problem is less likely to do with the Converter and more a settings issue in FCP.

In FCP7 I would make sure that you're using one of the Blackmagic Easy Setups, and that View->External Video is set to 'all frames', and that View->Video Playback is set to the correct Blackmagic setting.

If these are all OK but you're still having problems, I would suggest contacting your regional support team who should be able to troubleshoot for you. You can find our support numbers on the following page

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Or you can send a support request through the product page in the support section of the website here

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]