FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS100/Decklink HD Extreme 3D QUERY

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Rob White
FS100/Decklink HD Extreme 3D QUERY
on May 17, 2012 at 12:27:21 am

Hello there,
I apologise in advance for what is probably one of those fabled "stupid questions" that peoples say you should ask anyway, but my need for clarity in this matter has reached a point where I need a layman's termed answer. If anyone could indulge me, I would be most greatful.

I have a question regarding the above workflow:
I'm currently running a -

Sony NEX FS100EK shooting footage@1080p25 FX uncompressed
via HDMI to a
Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme 3D+ which I then capture/edit in CS5.5 Premiere Pro using a Blackmagic 1080p25 codec.
I'm also outputting from the Decklink to a widescreen tv as a reference monitor.

ONLY... my capture and outboard monitor do not display the 1080p25 res that my camera is set to; it will however display both 720p50 and 1080i 50.
I do not want my final output video to be anything less than the 1080p25 that I've shot in, so is it a case of simply "putting up" with viewing post production monitors in either 720p or 1080i, or am I thinking backwards?

Put simply, why won't HDMI display 1080p25?
I've done a fair bit of research trying to find answers that don't perplex me, but it seems that a lot of places I've searched really like to talk tech-y and I get a bit lost in some (not all) of the terminology that's thrown around.

Any help would be excellent, and many thanks in anticipation.

R.A.W

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]