FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic driver problems affecting Premiere CS5.5??

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Sefton
Blackmagic driver problems affecting Premiere CS5.5??
on May 12, 2012 at 11:25:06 am

Hi,

Having a nightmare....

My graphics suite has problems with Blackmagic and Premiere. I had the Desktop Video version 3.0.3 installed so that I could read codec packs between our different systems. At a clients request I plugged in a Shuttle USB 3.0 in to see if I could capture a HDMI signal for them. After plugging it in, I got the message "Installing drivers", before it recognised the Shuttle. The next day I fire up the edit suite to try and use it and find that it won't open Premiere at all. As soon as I click on the shortcut link it tries to launch (spinning circle) before abandoning the launch. I've tried uninstalling my Blackmagic drivers and downloading and updating them with the most recent but this wont work either. The system hangs through the un-install/install of new drivers. The system is a Windows 7 64 bit with plenty of RAM and CPU power.

In short, after connecting the Shuttle device, I have completely lost Premiere Pro and access to my previous versions of BM software.

I should add - the suite doesnt have internet connectivity, I'm having to use another laptop for downloading/access due to working away in Germany.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
Re: Blackmagic driver problems affecting Premiere CS5.5??
on May 13, 2012 at 11:40:41 am

Anyone? Really stuck here....

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on May 14, 2012 at 1:50:16 pm

Is there no-one from BM who can offer any technical support?

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on May 14, 2012 at 8:15:13 pm

I'm not having any issues with CS5.5 and the BMD Desktop drivers (Shuttle USB 3.0).

The best thing I could advise is to try re-installing CS5.5.

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on May 24, 2012 at 1:12:04 pm

Had to wipe the C drive and restore the system!

Couldnt get Adobe to uninstall, or Blackmagic.

As a lesson to anyone - don't plug the Shuttle into your machine unless you have updated the drivers, and even then, don't plug it in unless you have a backup machine!

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on May 24, 2012 at 1:12:47 pm

Had to wipe the C drive and restore the system!

Couldnt get Adobe to uninstall, or Blackmagic.

As a lesson to anyone - don't plug the Shuttle into your machine unless you have updated the drivers, and even then, don't plug it in unless you have a backup machine!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]