FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hyperdeck Studio Prores 422 premeire pro PC

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronn Varnell
Hyperdeck Studio Prores 422 premeire pro PC
on May 10, 2012 at 3:02:18 pm

I am using a BMD Hyperdeck Studio outputting prores 422. When I try to import this into an Premeire Pro project on a PC, I get "unsupported format or damaged file". I have downloaded the Quicktime converter rom Apple and I am able to see and hear the footage in the Quicktime player...but I can't import it. Is there a solution?

Return to posts index

Jay Bloomfield
Re: Hyperdeck Studio Prores 422 premeire pro PC
on May 10, 2012 at 6:48:07 pm

CS?

ProRes 422 will play on either CS5 and CS5.5, if the file has only 2 audio channels. ProRes clips with more than 2 audio channels will NOT play in either CS5 or the initial release of CS5.5. They will work with the most recent update to PPro CS5.5.

This issue also affects DNxHD files from the Hyperdeck series. A workaround for the DNxHD issue and PPro has been previously posted and it might work for the ProRes MOV files also (I only have a Hyperdeck Shuttle, so I can't test it for you). Open the MOV file with the QT Player Pro. Disable the audio tracks in Movie Properties, then just save the file. No re-encoding will be done. You can always go back and enable the audio by reversing the process with the QT Player.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]