FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme 3D - Windows 7 - Output to Component/HDMI

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris McEntyre
Decklink HD Extreme 3D - Windows 7 - Output to Component/HDMI
on May 3, 2012 at 8:30:48 pm

Hi,
I'm new with BlackMagic hardware so please forgive if this is a stupid question. I haven't been able to find the answer as most info is Mac and not Windows.

I'd like to be able to output video through the component output connections. I have yet to figure out how to do this. I suspect I'd have the same issue with HDMI, though I haven't checked it.

Right now, I'm trying to play an MP4 video.

Can anyone give me the basics on how the outputs work on this card?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
Re: Decklink HD Extreme 3D - Windows 7 - Output to Component/HDMI
on May 3, 2012 at 9:31:19 pm

Hi Chris,
you just need a software player that supports both .MP4 files and the Decklink Card.
Almost all professional NLEs can do it (I'm supposing that the .mp4 files were created by a Sony/JVC Camcorder).

Best Regards,

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Chris McEntyre
on May 3, 2012 at 11:49:48 pm

Thanks. I have just gotten Media Express setup to do it for testing. Do you know of any players than can handle it?

The video is actually just some that was recorded from a set of sd cameras. I'm in the early stages of testing some enocoding and that's the video I had laying around. I'm just starting to get a feel for this higher end video hardware.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 5, 2012 at 4:51:17 pm

Not sure about the windows side, but on the mac side you go through the desktop video app and select your input/output options.-selecting hdmi vs SDI vs component, as well as the audio connection you want to use. Im assuming on the windows side there is a program installed with desktop video that you would launch and do the same thing.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]