FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sports Webcast

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Catalano
Sports Webcast
on May 1, 2012 at 10:19:44 pm

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to video mixing and webcasting but have done it in the past and have assisted with a sports event before. I have recently been giving a budget to find the best way to run a webcast for a sporting event in CA on June 1st.

I think we will have 3 or 4 camera angles and we will need to run commercials as well. If possible, we also need to add an instant replay controller with slow motion capabilities.

So far what I'm thinking is doing 3 camera angles (SDI) into the Blackmagic ATEM Television studio in Standard Def (SD). I'm going to run the control board software on a Macbook Pro and feed the commercials from that same Macbook Pro into the 4th channel (HDMI) on the ATEM.

I know there are a ton of combinations of manufacturers and setups I can go with here. If anyone has any advice it is greatly appreciated.

First of all, we do not have more than $15,000. We cannot buy the $30,000 all inclusive mixers with slow motion, 16 channels, hardware control board, etc. We could rent something though as long as it is less than $3000 for 3 days of renting.

1. Do any of you have any recommendations on a slow motion controller that could ADD ON to the ATEM Television studio (or another Blackmagic ATEM product such as the 1 M/E or 2 M/E).

2. Do any of you know any rental houses in LA area that rent Blackmagic products? So far I've called 3 resellers and no one knows. I've also tried a huge LA area rental company called Video Equipment Rentals and they do not rent Blackmagic either.

3. Do you think my Macbook Pro 8GB RAM be able to handle running the control board and also feeding commercials via HDMI?

4. Any suggestion or questions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or leads on this!

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]