FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM TV Studio with Livestream

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Archer
ATEM TV Studio with Livestream
on Apr 24, 2012 at 8:45:30 pm

I'm planning on streaming an event for my work next week, and while I was doing my last minute tweaks today I found out something interesting that I don't believe was common knowledge.

For background, I use Livestream for my CDN, and they recently certified the BM Intensity Shuttle USB, and H.264 Pro Recorder to work mobile with a Lenovo Thinkpad W520. Now, the shuttle has some intermittent dropped frames, but the H.264 Pro worked well. Figuring what the heck, I plugged in the ATEM TV Studio via USB 2.0 and it was recognized by the Livestream Procaster software and was able to stream and record to disk.

I don't know if this was something I didn't know, and was common knowledge, but I was psyched to find it out.

Jim Archer
Manager of Internet Services
National Fire Sprinkler Association

Return to posts index

Guy Jukes
Re: ATEM TV Studio with Livestream
on Apr 24, 2012 at 10:11:59 pm

Hey do you have any idea if this will work with the producer software as well?
I have a stream to do in a little over 12 hours, and it would be amazing to add in a couple of cameras attached to the TVS.

Return to posts index

James Archer
on Apr 25, 2012 at 1:57:16 am

I wish I could tell you, but I've only used the Procaster software. I would give it a shot, however, you'd probably want to make sure the audio went through the TV studio to keep it in sync.

Jim Archer
Manager of Internet Services
National Fire Sprinkler Association

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Apr 25, 2012 at 1:55:38 am

James -
I am going to kiss you. I just put in a new ATEM TV Studio today, and we were talking about Livestream Procaster and this link -

http://new.livestream.com/images/marketing/encoder/Procaster-Certified-Devi...

and discussing which Blackmagic box to get for the laptop, so I could take the HD-SDI Program out of the ATEM into this secondary box - I had NO IDEA that the direct USB2 output would work with Procaster - I almost don't believe you. Yes, I am going to try this.

THANK YOU - I love Creative Cow.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

sang pui
on Apr 25, 2012 at 7:42:59 pm

Someone told me. If I use firmware 2.7 on TVS, Procaster should see TVS without Pro-recorder. But i did not test myself yet. Plan to test this weekend.

Return to posts index

Rob Nachum
on Apr 25, 2012 at 11:51:39 am

Greetings all

Has anyone tried this with a Mac (...book Pro or otherwise - mine i7 2.2ghz, 8gb RAM) either OSX or W7 via Bootcamp? On either side of the fence I get constant drop out with the message "capture card asynchronisation detected".

Procaster runs uninterrupted with inbuilt Facetime camera so I can only assume it has something to do with the ATEM TVS. I expect I'll install it on a straight desktop (AMD Phenom II X6 + 16gb x 1600Mhz RAM) to see if that makes a difference.

Will let you know but would appreciate any feedback in the meantime.

Tks
Rob

Return to posts index

Rob Nachum
on Apr 25, 2012 at 10:54:36 pm

Further to my original post, I too have now been advised that rolling back to 2,7 should also work. I am not sure, however, what versions gains will be lost in the process.

Feedback from Livestream (excellent tech support team) did advise that there appears to be a time stamping issue between latest version of ATEM S/C (3.0.1) and current version of Procaster (20.2.69) but winding back to 3.0 with their latest beta may resolve the issue as a forward step.

I will try both and let you know what I find.

Incidentally, I also had a minor Eureka moment in that running the Prog Output from the TVC into an H.264 Pro Recorder and using that as the input mechanism to your computer works a treat (with all current versions). Slightly redundant but it gets the result.

Cheers
Rob

Return to posts index

Sharyn Ferrick
on Apr 26, 2012 at 6:43:24 am

So the implication is that the Built in H.264 in the TVS has a problem that is NOT present in the Standalone BMD H.264?
Sharyn

Return to posts index

VeeJ Patel
on Jun 5, 2012 at 6:20:29 pm

Is there any confirmation, that live streaming is working for ATEM TVS through "Livestream Procaster".
I am interested in Ustream, but if Livestrem can support TVS, it will be a very good news...!

Please respond if any one got it through....

Return to posts index

Ricardo Couto
on Aug 7, 2012 at 8:40:42 am

Hello,

I have an OB Truck HD and i need to start to do live broadcast streaming.

Does the ATEM STUDIO TV work´s with livestream? It is possible to do live broadcast streaming with the ATEM STUDIO?

Do i need any other equipment? Does the h264 that the ATEM generate is enough for most live streaming consumers?

I have my OB truck equipped with the ATEM 1 , does it makes an h264 file compatible with livestream?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Ricardo Couto
on Aug 7, 2012 at 8:57:27 am

Hello,

I have an OB Truck HD and i need to start to do live broadcast streaming.

Does the ATEM STUDIO TV work´s with livestream? It is possible to do live broadcast streaming with the ATEM STUDIO?

Do i need any other equipment? Does the h264 that the ATEM generate is enough for most live streaming consumers?

I have my OB truck equipped with the ATEM 1 , does it makes an h264 file compatible with livestream?

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]