FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Shuttle--Strike 5!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerel Peterson
Intensity Shuttle--Strike 5!
on Apr 22, 2012 at 5:02:52 pm

This is the fifth computer that I've tried to get to work with the Shuttle. Same story. It's a Sony Vaio, I7, Renesas chipset. I can get audio in Media Express, no video. When using Ustream (live web-streaming program, which is all I need this for), I can get video & audio with Component, but only audio with HDMI. Component would be acceptable, except that if I use component out on the camera, I lose my remote control handle, as that uses the same connection.

I've downloaded the new drivers. I've gone to BM control panel and switched inputs back and forth. On the last two computers, I've tried updating the firmware, but both times it locked up half-way through.

So, now I'm thinking about going with a MacBook Pro and a Thunderbolt shuttle. But obviously, I don't want to throw away even more money if the Thunderbolt version is like the USB 3 version. Any reports on how reliable a Thunderbolt shuttle and MacBook Pro are?

I've owned 3 of the Matrox capture boards. Those had a bad reputation for being finicky about hardware, but they were nothing compared to the Shuttle!

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
Re: Intensity Shuttle--Strike 5!
on Apr 22, 2012 at 9:03:34 pm

Jerel, maybe there is something wrong with the Shuttle itself.

Also, do you have a desktop that you can try putting a USB3.0 card in? Try one that isn't based on the Reneas chipset. I know a lot of folks think you have to use a Renease chipset based controller, but that isn't true in the least.

I've got to admit, it's very odd that Ustream works for component, but MediaExpress doesn't.

And regarding HDMI, is that coming directly from your camera, or some HDCP device?

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
on Apr 22, 2012 at 10:46:54 pm

HDMI is coming right off the camera.

I've already tried it with a desktop computer with a USB 3 card installed, that didn't work either (although the guy at the computer store told me that the motherboard was backwards compatible with the motherboards that are listed on the BM website.)

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
on Apr 23, 2012 at 10:09:26 pm

Hello Jerel,
I think that if your Shuttle captures from the YUV, the HDMI problem could not be related to your PCs. All the times I had motherboards compatibility issues, none of the video inputs worked. Have you tried other video modes and other camcorders? For example I was able to capture from Gopro Hero 2 at 720@25P but not at 1080@25P, but with a Canon HV40 i was able to capture at both resolutions, and with a Decklink Studio 2, I was able to capture at both resolution from both cameras...

Best Regards,

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
on Apr 25, 2012 at 1:16:35 am

I've tried it at 60i and 25p, neither has worked. This is our only camera that uses HDMI, so I can't test any other camera.

Return to posts index

James Howarth
on Apr 29, 2012 at 1:15:27 am

Works out of the box in the toshiba satellite p775-s7215 laptop no download drivers needed thought the hard drive in the laptop is a bit slow to capture.

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
on May 18, 2012 at 8:08:38 pm

Well, chalk up one more non-compatible laptop--an ivy bridge HP dv6. Same as all the others--component works with Ustream, but that's it.

Still want to hear from Thunderbolt and MacPro users before i make the switch. I may just go back to the old firewire camera.

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
on Jun 28, 2012 at 4:53:51 am

Dell XPS 8500, Ivy Bridge

Same problem. No video at all in the Black Magic software. Ustream software picks up component output but not HDMI. I AM going in to the Black Magic control panel and setting it for either HDMI or Component.

Is it possible that there is just a malfunction with the HDMI port on this shuttle?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]