FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Media Express

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daniel jones
Problem with Media Express
on Apr 19, 2012 at 3:38:26 am

Hello, I have had my Intensity Pro card for a couple of years now, and while I have always had problems with it(it lags my computer a lot due to an incompatible motherboard, it has always worked when it wasn't lagging. However I recently reinstalled the drivers to fined that in Media Express my screen is black. Now, the card still records fine, but I can't see anything in Media Express. I hope there is a solution to this and my card isn't completely screwed up, I can still record but I can't imagine being able to tolerate this for long. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Problem with Media Express
on Apr 19, 2012 at 7:17:20 am

Hi Daniel,

It sounds like the problem you are having is most likely related to the graphics card or it's drivers. Media Express uses the graphics card's GPU to render it's preview. It sounds like the card is functioning correctly.

Sometimes you will find some low end graphics cards, in particular integrated graphics, are not able to render the preview. But unless you have changed the hardware in the system I don't think this will be the issue. If you have the same, or better graphics card installed I think simply updating the graphics driver will help. You should be able to download a driver from the graphics card manufacturer's site.

I have also seen the same problems with drivers downloaded from Windows Update. These tend to be generic drivers that don't offer the full acceleration the card can provide. So the latest official graphics driver is the best way to go.

if this doesn't help please do feel free to contact your regional support office. You can find their numbers on the following page

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

or you can use the support request form on the Intensity Pro support pages on the website

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/

Chris Pearse
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]