FORUMS: list search recent posts

HyperDeck 1080p30 continuing problems with audio sync - bug still not fixed.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris north
HyperDeck 1080p30 continuing problems with audio sync - bug still not fixed.
on Apr 18, 2012 at 3:03:34 pm

Hello,

Since the first version of the software we've been unable to capture 1080p30 and maintain audio sync with the Hyperdeck Studio. We've tried Uncompressed, Avid MXF and now ProRes with V3 of the software. We've also tried capturing from another source (camcorder) with the same results.

When we mentioned this originally on this forum we were told by Blackmagic that the 1080p bug had been acknowledged and a fix was imminent. Now the software is at V3 at the bug remains.

I was also told to contact System Support but have so far received only "we're looking into it but can't tell you when it will be fixed".

Sorry, but this really isn't good enough. We purchased this unit specifically because it claimed to be able capture 1080p30. Can someone from Blackmagic PLEASE advise as to when this issue will be resolved? We've had the box for several months now and still not been able to use it.

chris

Return to posts index

chris north
Re: HyperDeck 1080p30 continuing problems with audio sync - bug still not fixed.
on Apr 24, 2012 at 10:29:45 am

Meh, maybe we'll just dump it and go with another manufacturer then if no-one from Blackmagic is interested.

Return to posts index

Örjan Wallén
Re: HyperDeck 1080p30 continuing problems with audio sync - bug still not fixed.
on Apr 25, 2012 at 2:17:02 pm

I can confirm this problem. Received a comletely new unit yesterday. I updated to the latest firmware and recorded 90 mins of prores at 1080 50i.
The audio started out in sync and drifted slowly to be almost 10 seconds of sync in the end. We also recorded with h264 pro recorder as a backup but that file was broken and didn't play at all.
Luckily we had a Prores recorded with an AJA that worked as it should but we got some extra hours of work to make it done.
Quriously enough did the Prores from AJA open up directly in Premiere Pro as for the one recorded with Hyperdeck needed an update to 5.5.1 in order to open. Seems to be an issue regarding how audio channels are saved.
Whish for an urgent fix and maybe also a fix for H264 pro recorder reliability?

Return to posts index

Örjan Wallén
on Apr 25, 2012 at 8:57:52 pm

Udated: Iv'e been testing on another computer and it's not as bad as I first thought. The audio is still out of sync, even on playback from HyperDeck, but it''s constatly about 2,5 seconds over the 90 minutes of recording.
[Orjan Wallen] "The audio started out in sync and drifted slowly to be almost 10 seconds of sync in the end"

Return to posts index

chris north
on Apr 25, 2012 at 10:17:50 pm

Out of curiosity, what were you capturing from? Was it a camcorder or a PC/Mac source?

Return to posts index

Örjan Wallén
on Apr 26, 2012 at 7:13:19 am

It was a live production with 3 cameras and the source was a vision mixer from Panasonic.
In the end I've actually been able to use the material as it was a constant delay. Apart from the bad sync everything looks and sounds great.

Return to posts index

chris north
on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:56:56 am

Cool.

It seems like a slightly different issue to the one we're having then, since our audio drifts out of sync more and more. But we've given up on Hyperdeck now to be honest.

We're going to try the Atomos Ninja and see how that goes. It certainly has a lot more functionality in terms of formatting the SSD, time-coding, file-naming, tagging etc in any case.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]