FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hyperdeck Shuttle2 codec problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Partam
Hyperdeck Shuttle2 codec problems
on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:04:32 am

I love BMD and it's wonderful products they offer,however sometimes they ignore known bugs.

The DNxHD on the shuttle2 is still unusable on FCP due to gamma shift, and now i discover that AfterEffects also won't open the files.
I guess before coming up with 4channel hyperdeck 8channel hyperdeck...hyperdeck cinema 12K whatever, these issues must be solved.

Return to posts index

Mathias Montavon
Re: Hyperdeck Shuttle2 codec problems
on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:43:49 am

I don't know about DNxHD... some people say it works properly but FCP just cannot read its 10 bit. What I can see is when you open files in AE with 16 bits and correct the color shift using 16-235 color range instead of 0-250, quality is not as good as I expected.

(To open DNxHD.mov files in AE, just disable sound of the file using QuickTime ; it works with AE CS5)

Fact is that you're completely right when you say DNxHD is unusable on FCP (and I would add on PremierePro also).

What I would see on the Shuttle is ProRes !!! They made it on the Hyperdeck Studio, why not on the Shuttle ?

Return to posts index

Jay Bloomfield
on Apr 18, 2012 at 4:47:53 pm

"(To open DNxHD.mov files in AE, just disable sound of the file using QuickTime ; it works with AE CS5)"

Good tip. It's the 16 tracks of audio that cause the built-in AE Quicktime Importer to fail. I'll have to try it. This has been a known issue with the CS5 versions of Premiere Pro and AE and the CS5.5 version of AE. The importer was fixed in the CS5.5 version of PPro, but that I/O plugin is not compatible with CS 5.5 AE.

Return to posts index

Jay Bloomfield
on Apr 20, 2012 at 3:16:12 am

I did check it. Using QT Player Pro to disable audio does allow AE CS5.5 to open the files.

Return to posts index

Tom Hoopengardner
on Sep 19, 2012 at 11:15:31 am

How do I disable the audio when I import DNxHD files into After Effects CS5? Step by step, please. I don't have AVID and I'm really not familiar with Quicktime.

I'm trying to edit DNxHD files on Premiere CS5. The files play on Quicktime player. I've downloaded the Codec from Avid but nevertheless can't import the files into either Premiere or AE.

TomHoop

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:13:28 pm

I would just add that the codec gamma issue isn't BMDs but rather Avid, who make the Qt Codec. The DNxHD Qts that the HyperDeck makes look just fine in Media Composer and Symphony.

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]