FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 & GoPro Hero2

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Deitel
Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 & GoPro Hero2
on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:17:55 pm

I am seeking some advice on the possibility of somehow capturing the video from a GoPro Hero2 camera and streaming it to the Internet.

I have the newest GoPro Hero2 camera. There are two outputs that connect to a TV or monnitor for playing recorded videos... a composite port and a mini-HDMI to HDMI port. Connecting the HDMI displays video and audio from the camera just fine on either a computer monitor or an HD TV.

I would like to be able to stream the video to the Internet perhaps through UStream or Livestream. My computer is a Sony Vaio Z laptop with the following specs: Core i7-2640M @ 2.8Ghz, 256Gb SSD (2X128 Raid 0), 8Gb RAM, USB 3.0 (Renesas USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver Version 2.1.28.0). The onboard graphics is Intel 3000... but the docking station I use has a discreet AMD Radeon 6650 graphics card that takes over when the laptop is docked. There is also a USB 3.0 port on the docking station.

I don't know anything at all about cameras and video... but from what I read it seems I have to somehow capture the video from the GoPro if I want to stream it out. So I bought a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle thinking it could do the job... but it appears I have gotten myself in way over my head. I am unable to get the setup to function in any way or display anything at all from the camera. Just a black screen... although I have been able to record audio.

I found this site and was hoping someone with more experience in these matters could advise me if what I am trying to accomplish is even possible... and suggest a correct configuration with a setup that will enable an image to stream. To be clear... I didn't plan to record and edit... merely get the image to stream out. Thanks. Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]